EZ Go Lithium, opinions of owners

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2022, 03:58 PM
Default EZ Go Lithium, opinions of owners

I am looking for a new cart and leaning toward the EZ Go Lithium, do any owners have some thoughts/opinions on them? Thanks
Old 09-05-2022, 04:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngramuglia View Post
I am looking for a new cart and leaning toward the EZ Go Lithium, do any owners have some thoughts/opinions on them? Thanks
Coming from the golf world, I can tell you that EZ Go has always been the "economy" choice. Certainly not up to the quality and dependability of some other choices.
Old 09-05-2022, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Coming from the golf world, I can tell you that EZ Go has always been the "economy" choice. Certainly not up to the quality and dependability of some other choices.
Is Yamaha better? I think id prefer to shop at the Villages Golf Carts store. I know you said that Ez Go is the bargain brand, I guess the main thing is are they reliable with minimal service needed
Old 09-05-2022, 05:43 PM

I believe I would wait a little longer before trying this newish technology! These batteries can go up in flames when being charged (which means so could your garage or entire home). I am not convinced that the golf cart industry has mastered this technology.

I might add that I am a proponent of this technology and have been driving (and charging) a Chevy Volt for 5 years! That car works great BUT incorporates a lot of hitech safety measures into using the lithium battery. It monitors the health of individual cells, as well cools them as needed! In hot weather here in Florida, even though my battery is fully charged, I will hear the cooling system turn on automatically to keep my battery in tip-top condition!

Good luck.
Old 09-05-2022, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,246 Posts

Virgins talking about sex...
Old 09-05-2022, 07:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Is Yamaha better? I think id prefer to shop at the Villages Golf Carts store. I know you said that Ez Go is the bargain brand, I guess the main thing is are they reliable with minimal service needed

Something like 75% of Yamaha gas powered Golf Carts, go to The Villages market. No 1st class golf course wants to buy them any longer.

That said, the Golf business primarily buys non-Lithium. They don't need the range capabilities and they're normally leased, instead of owned. At least in The Villages (if you don't mind paying top dollar), Yamaha is the easiest to get serviced.

The thought of a Lithium battery causing an explosion or fire, is grossly exaggerated. Common sense would tell you, having gasoline stored in your garage, is far more dangerous.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:19 PM

I would agree the ezgo looks and feel like a cheaper version of a Yamaha. I have had a loaner while my Star Car is being worked on for major electrical or control problems which the ezgo also supposedly has been having. Ask your dealer about ezgo controller problems. My Star car has similar problems. I am glad I have a ezgo litium loaner since it goes fairly fast and can be bumped up to go faster. But I would not buy one. I would see about a Yamaha Lithium.
Old 09-06-2022, 05:25 AM

My EZGO lithium powered cart is six years old and never been in the shop. Quick quiet smooth efficient. Same batteries and still has 80 mile range. 1 cent of electricity ⚡️gets you a mile. Auto brake is a nice feature also. Wouldn’t have anything else.
Old 09-06-2022, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Be sure you ask: How long before the Lithium batteries need to be replaced, and what is the replacement cost?
Old 09-06-2022, 05:48 AM

50-60 miles of range per charge. Wake up every morning with a full charge. No gas, no smell, no noise, smooth ride. If you’re a golfer, electric is preferred to eliminate disturbing other golfers while moving to your next shots.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:02 AM

We’ve had our EZGO Lithium for nearly five months and love it. It’s quiet at speed so we can have a conversation or take a phone call. Range is 50+ miles. Comfy seats for all four passengers. It is quick but doesn’t corner all that well. Fit/finish/materials are poor compared to what you can get for an equivalently-priced automobile. We bought it at Villages Golf Cars and had numerous assembly issues. The only problem since final delivery is a flickering speedo. Yamaha EV was not available at the time we ordered (Sep 21).
Old 09-06-2022, 06:03 AM
Gold member

EZGO gas carts are ridiculously awful but the Lithium Elite are excellent. Less than 1 penny per mile of SECO electricity and zero maintenance...Just replace tires and transaxle oil once. Battery degradation will be about 12 miles after 12 years and 60,000 miles (80%@1000 charge cycles). Battery calendar life should be at least 12 years according to battery pack maker Samsung SDI.

Keep tires at 16 PSI for maximum comfort.

Only negatives...It feels a bit tippy in corners and the upgraded LED headlights (a must) are barely adequate.

According to TVGC website, they sold 1000+ EZGO Lithium Elites and have yet to have a battery failure.

Last edited by MorTech; 09-06-2022 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:09 AM

I love mine!!!!!
Old 09-06-2022, 06:12 AM

Being an RVer when I'm not enjoying the Florida heat, I can tell you that a lot of fellow RV owners are changing their wet cell batteries for lithium. Most older RVs also need their converter (battery charger) upgraded to handle the different way lithium batteries need to be charged but the benefits outweigh the added expense. Also, in my getting close to 70 years, I cannot count the number of cars I have seen burning on the side of the road - and in garages - all gas powered.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:13 AM
Default Ezgo

I have had a EZGO lithium cart for 3 years and
love it. Zero maintenance and no worries.
Closed Thread

Tags
lithium, owners, thoughts/opinions, cart, leaning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.