Ferrari Golf Car

Old 04-24-2024, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
The concept of dressing up golf carts, to look like 70-80 year old cars, grew old 25 years ago. With few exceptions, they look ridiculous and by extension, make the drivers look like 9 year olds on Christmas Eve.

Don't get me started on people who use them on the golf courses.

"Be not the first by whom the new are tried, Nor yet the last to lay the old aside." ... Alexander Pope.
Well . . . I am interested in one done Street Rod and I want it like an old timey pickup. Why? Because I don’t golf and I want it for the place in back, as well as front, to carry my bags from the grocer etc . . . So, I’ll just have to look ridiculous, but I really don’t care.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
The owner is never present and frankly he needs to be medicated.
Do tell . . .
Old 04-25-2024, 05:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
The concept of dressing up golf carts, to look like 70-80 year old cars, grew old 25 years ago. With few exceptions, they look ridiculous and by extension, make the drivers look like 9 year olds on Christmas Eve.

Don't get me started on people who use them on the golf courses.

"Be not the first by whom the new are tried, Nor yet the last to lay the old aside." ... Alexander Pope.
Too funny....but absolutely true. Nothing novel or original about the concept but I guess when you have a lot of (expletive withheld) money....anything goes
Old 04-25-2024, 05:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
Well . . . I am interested in one done Street Rod and I want it like an old timey pickup. Why? Because I don’t golf and I want it for the place in back, as well as front, to carry my bags from the grocer etc . . . So, I’ll just have to look ridiculous, but I really don’t care.
On weekends and holidays you could loan it to the Shriners for the many parades they participate in ...in support of their great work.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:17 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,105 Times in 302 Posts

Since hardly anyone can actually spot a real Ferrari unless Magnum P.I. is driving it , why not just buy the badge and stick it on your Yamaha? You can grow a big moustache and put a bumper sticker on the back that says "Ask me about a reverse mortgage"! Nobody will know the difference!

I just saved you $10,000. You're welcome!

Last edited by Blueblaze; 04-26-2024 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2024, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,042 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Since hardly anyone can actually spot a real Ferrari unless Magnum P.I. is driving it , why not just buy the badge and stick it on your Yamaha? You can grow a big moustache and put bumper stick on the back that says "Ask me about a reverse mortgage"! Nobody will know the difference!

I just saved you $10,000. You're welcome!
You’re just killing me (with laughter).

Let me say this to OP, if you are new to TV why not wait a bit and see what you really like? Hubby and I got something almost black because it looked classy, after the first summer we really changed our minds. If you’ve been here awhile, go for it, one life….
Old 04-27-2024, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

I always wanted one that looked like a boat with a bimini top.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:12 AM
Veteran member

I thoroughly enjoy the creativity and uniqueness of the wide variety of golf carts in The Villages. I enjoy seeing them and admiring the work and ideas put into them.

However, like art and Victorian homes, I enjoy looking at them and admiring them, I do not want to paint, I do not want to live in an old Victorian, and I do not want my cart to look like that.
Old 04-27-2024, 03:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
Please don't let the grumps bother you. One of the charms of The Villages is the variety & uniqueness of the golf carts. You might be leading one of the parades that most of us are so proud of.

Tags
ferrari, car, golf, suggestions, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.