Golf Cart Battery Info

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Default Golf Cart Battery Info

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Trojan Batteries vs Power Tron Batteries. Has anyone used Battery Boys and Ken Spano for replacement batteries? How do people charge their batteries? Aways on a charger when not in use or charged a few times a week only. Anxious to hear from folks
Old 07-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I had Ken Spanos replace mine with Trojan batteries. Did a good job. I would say charge it every night, but will let others reply to that one who use there carts more.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I had Ken Spanos replace mine with Trojan batteries. Did a good job. I would say charge it every night, but will let others reply to that one who use there carts more.
my manual says to always plug your charger in even after a short trip.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary amelia View Post
  1. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Trojan Batteries vs Power Tron Batteries.
  2. Has anyone used Battery Boys and Ken Spano for replacement batteries?
  3. How do people charge their batteries?
  4. Aways on a charger when not in use or charged a few times a week only.
  5. Anxious to hear from folks
  1. I cannot. Type this into search at google.com which may help
    site:buggiesgonewild.com power tron
  2. I have used Spano for years. I have recently used Battery Boys for a used battery. I would use either again. The following is JUST MY OPINION, I have a perception that Spano (the business) has changed in the last year'ish, maybe too busy, maybe new organizational structure or new workers from expansion. In the end, when buying new batteries price matters, if price competitive, I will use Dave at Battery Boys. THEY ARE ALSO A SPONSOR which helps pay to have this site which allows us to chat about batteries.
  3. I use the charger that came with cart
  4. I think red Tail and l2ridehd have it right, charge it after every use to be safe. I have always read if you use it for 10 minutes pedal time charge it.
  5. Hope that helps
Old 07-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We used Battery Boys and they actualy provided Trojan Batteries (T-875) cheaper than anyone we could find. Did the work at our house , came when scheduled, and NO problems. Also heard alot of good posts on Spanos....bottom line I think either one you choose should be more than accpetable.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.