Forward facing 4 Seater Golf Cart?

Old 05-21-2024, 12:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
The D5 Ranger with the standard tires (225/55r14) will NOT go under two tunnels at all - the Saddlebrook tunnel (which is the shortest), and the tunnel under Buena Vista Blvd at Talley Ridge Dr - and will be close to scraping at many more tunnels.

Note that you would have the same issue with Star EV carts and the EZ-Go Liberty (EZ-Go's 4 forward seat cart). I have no idea why they make the roofs so high on these carts.

I had the dealer swap out my tires for 205/45r12 tires (went from a 14" rim to 12" rim). The dealer (Botero Carts Ocala) did this for free, and it lowers the cart by 2.2". With these tires I can get through the two shortest tunnels without scraping - but I have to be careful.

My wife still thought it was too close for comfort and didn't want to worry when driving the cart. The rear of the roof is 2.5" higher than the front. The struts go straight to the roof with no bends. I removed the bolt for the struts, lifted the back of the roof, then cut 2.25" off of each strut, drilled a new hole and re-attached the roof. The cart now clears the two lowest tunnels by over 2". It's not much taller than a standard Yamaha! Now we can zip through any tunnel without any worries. (Note: If you're going to lower the roof, do it BEFORE you get your rain enclosure. I had to take mine back to get snaps moved and material taken off the bottom )

Absolutely love this cart. I've had it 5 months and have over 1,500 miles on it. Wouldn't go back to my Yamaha Drive 2 - the ride is better and way more features.
So after doing my research, I pulled the trigger on this cart, but made a few changes to Poolbrew's very helpful recommendations.
First, I went with Hidden Creek Golf Carts in Wildwood, he was more open and helpful. Botero wanted 995 just to change the tires(Their quote was $1000 more WITHOUT the enclosure on it). Here is what I learned-
1. The 205 is not available and it might be a year. They have a 160 Amp hour which runs 50-60 miles and that is plenty for us.
2. We went with a 205/65R10 tire which is basically the tires that come on a Yamaha cart. He said the bigger sidewall gives a much smoother ride than the 205/45R12s and only 3/4" bigger. He had a nice selection of rims and made the switch for $200.
3. He recommended adding a Canopy mounted brake light/turn signal setup for safety - $200. I did it. Lots of half blind people in TV.
4. He is dropping the back and reprogramming to 24 MPH top speed (that is what I want) for free.
5. Custom Villages made Sunbrella enclosure color matched to cart included.

Just over $13K including tax with free delivery. I know it is painful compared to the $20K+ the TV golf cart store wants for a Star, but I guess I will have to use my savings on something else.

My wife and I test drove one in Wisconsin, and she fell totally in love with it. Her comment - It is perfect, quiet and no gas smell like the Yamaha's (we have a 2018 Quietech).

Can't wait to get it.

Ed
Snow Flake until I retire

Tags
forward, facing, seater, golf, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.