Front Golf Car Driving Light

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2023, 12:29 PM
Default Front Golf Car Driving Light

I am thinking of getting a new golf cart but I’d like to drive it at night on the MMPs. In addition to my LED headlights will this help me see better navigating the pass I don’t wanna blind oncoming traffic but I need help I wanna be safe thanks.
Old 11-27-2023, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd111 View Post
I am thinking of getting a new golf cart but I’d like to drive it at night on the MMPs. In addition to my LED headlights will this help me see better navigating the pass I don’t wanna blind oncoming traffic but I need help I wanna be safe thanks.
Have you driven with LED lights yet? I have those on one of my two carts and the difference is very noticeable. With the non-LED lights I can make out the path enough to stay on it while with the LEDs I can see nearly as well as in a car.

However, on both carts, if someone is approaching with one of those poorly-aimed center lights I cannot see anything and the only safe thing to do is to stop until they pass. I don't know if it helps them see better but blinding the oncoming traffic makes the situation more dangerous, not less.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 11-27-2023, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Be ready to get attacked by those who paint all these light setups with a broad brush as being blinding to other carts. If properly installed, aimed appropriately, and are on a separate switch so they can be easily turned on/off independently of the headlights, they are very helpful when driving in areas with poor lighting. The picture below is the setup I installed on our Yamaha Quiet Tech. As a side note, a clear (non tinted) windshield is a game changer for night driving if you keep your windshield flipped up.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4717.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	101357  
Old 11-27-2023, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Be ready to get attacked by those who paint all these light setups with a broad brush as being blinding to other carts. If properly installed, aimed appropriately, and are on a separate switch so they can be easily turned on/off independently of the headlights, they are very helpful when driving in areas with poor lighting. The picture below is the setup I installed on our Yamaha Quiet Tech. As a side note, a clear (non tinted) windshield is a game changer for night driving if you keep your windshield flipped up.
I put some on my cart to intentionally blind drivers blinding me and in case I want to go raccoon hunting
Old 11-27-2023, 01:02 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I put some on my cart to intentionally blind drivers blinding me and in case I want to go raccoon hunting
Those would be great for Raccoon hunting!
Old 11-27-2023, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Quote:
First, I would try out the new cart and see if these are necessary, I would also discuss with the cart dealer about getting a CLEAR front windshield. Now if you still need an additional light, I use DOT approved motorcycle driving lights that are aimed DOWNWARD to light the road for you and not blind the oncoming driver. The last time I bought these, there were under $25 for a set of 2 on Amazon, and I add a new fuse and switch for the new light, and I have found the ONE on these is all you will need. I may still have one in stock.
Old 11-27-2023, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
First, I would try out the new cart and see if these are necessary, I would also discuss with the cart dealer about getting a CLEAR front windshield. Now if you still need an additional light, I use DOT approved motorcycle driving lights that are aimed DOWNWARD to light the road for you and not blind the oncoming driver. The last time I bought these, there were under $25 for a set of 2 on Amazon, and I add a new fuse and switch for the new light, and I have found the ONE on these is all you will need. I may still have one in stock.
Great advise!
Old 11-27-2023, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Interesting setup, having the lights high is a good idea.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:40 AM

If buying new high/low beam may be an option which I recommend. Difficult to install aftermarket because you need a high/low beam switch like on a car. I did aftermarket and tried only high beam which lit up the whole neighborhood, then jury rigged high/low using the light selector switch so that parking lights = low and headlights = high. Not the best but it works.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, wanna, front, headlights, navigating

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.