Gas or Electric golf carts

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Default Gas or Electric golf carts

We have purchased a home in the Village of Hemmingway with a cart garage. I was wondering is there an over powering smell in the garage because of the fuel? When we were looking as house a couple of homes had that smell of fuel. I realize they may have been sitting for awhile. So if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated. WE CANNOT WAIT TO MOVE INTO OUR NEW HOME.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:48 PM

I am just a renter. I am using a gas cart. I greatly prefer my friends' electric cart. The gas cart does smell sometimes, but my major dissatisfaction is the noise. We have to yell to hear each other and the noise can be annoying when driving alone too. I believe that an electric cart may be more difficult to maintain and will not travel as far, but someone else will have to address that issue.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:53 PM

Thank you for the great information. I never thought of the noise.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Veteran member

If your fuel system is intact there should be no smell from a gas cart sitting. It should be nothing different than an automobile.
Refueling in the garage and spilling all over, that's a different matter. Gas transfer should always be done on the open driveway or in a filling station.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie416 View Post
I am just a renter. I am using a gas cart. I greatly prefer my friends' electric cart. The gas cart does smell sometimes, but my major dissatisfaction is the noise. We have to yell to hear each other and the noise can be annoying when driving alone too. I believe that an electric cart may be more difficult to maintain and will not travel as far, but someone else will have to address that issue.
I made a choice ten plus years ago to buy electric. I have never regretted it. My neighbor and friend switched to gas a couple of years ago. His concerns were storage (he's a Snowbird) and range ( he's a "heavy" user). He doesn't regret changing. He really did not know how to prepare his electric cart for storage. He has had problems with his carburetor both storage seasons and I don't think he knows how to store gas cart either.

We play golf on a regular basis and when I ride in his cart I find the noise, vibration, and odor very annoying.

I find my electric cart very easy to maintain. I find the lack of range to be no problem. I can reach any point in TV. Actually I find some points to be too far to ride in a golf cart, power source notwithstanding.

Hope this helps.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.