Gas, oil check and tire pressure check

Old 02-12-2024, 01:54 PM
Default Gas, oil check and tire pressure check

Hi there I am new to the villages and I live in El Santiago. I am not a golfer and I need to get gas and check the oil and tire pressure in my dad's 2000 Yamaha golf cart. This will be my first time doing that because my Dad's passed away and was always meticulous about taking care of these things. I also it don't know how long it's been since he had a general maintenance check done so I should probably have that done as well. Where would you recommend I take it and also if I don't do the maintenance check right away, is there somewhere where I can just get gas that will also check my tire pressure and oil for me and show me how to do that. I'm pretty low on gas and need it do that soon. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Willie's Golf Cart Service or Todd Casey's Golf Cart Service will service your cart in your driveway.

You can fill up your tank at any golf cart accessible gas station or the Village Golf Cart Stores (in Spanish Springs or Sumter Landing or Brownwood)...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-12-2024, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanMazz View Post
Hi there I am new to the villages and I live in El Santiago. I am not a golfer and I need to get gas and check the oil and tire pressure in my dad's 2000 Yamaha golf cart. This will be my first time doing that because my Dad's passed away and was always meticulous about taking care of these things. I also it don't know how long it's been since he had a general maintenance check done so I should probably have that done as well. Where would you recommend I take it and also if I don't do the maintenance check right away, is there somewhere where I can just get gas that will also check my tire pressure and oil for me and show me how to do that. I'm pretty low on gas and need it do that soon. Thanks!
There is a dip stick on the engine, under the seat, remove it, clean it with a paper towel, reinsert and remove to read the level. Anywhere between the high and low lines and you are good. Tire pressure should be around 22 PSI. Willies and Todds golf cart service are very good, i have used both, they come to your house. As for gas, ANY gas station you can get to by golf cart will have REGULAR gas which will be fine for the golf cart, you do not need NON ethanol gas unless you will be storing the golf cart for an extended period.
When you have the mobile golf cart service arranged, tell them everything in your note, and have them go over the cart for general maintenance items.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:54 PM

Services very among service companies, so do some research on those that know what they are doing. Many do everything the golf car doesnt need and not what the golf car does need. Changing out good parts does not equate to a service. There are many untrained who work on golf cars and many get recommendations not due to good work but the price that they charge.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Todd Casey
Old 02-13-2024, 09:14 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanMazz View Post

2000 Golf cart? Drive it yourself and see how it runs. Suggest getting a cheap tire pressure gauge and keep tires at around 22 PSI. If Dad meticulously cared for cart, oil is probably ok. Most shops charge $75 for oil. If you are mechanically inclined can buy a pump to take out the existing oil(1 quart) and change if yourself. Biggest problem is disposing of the old oil. Sounds like you are in good shape.

Tags
check, gas, pressure, oil, tire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.