Getting Quotes From 6 Dealers: Opinions / Experiences?

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2023, 09:12 AM
Default Ocala Carts & Clubs

4 years ago we bought 2 new golf from Carts & Clubs. When service is required they come to your house. We did have an issue with one of the carts and it was covered by warranty. Very easy/execellent customer service. I think the cart is slightly better built when compaired to those built by the Villages. The Villages Golf Carts will match the Carts & Clubs price (at least they told me that 4 years ago). Also the Villages Golf Carts will give you a loaner when your cart is serviced as well as while you are waiting for your new cart delivery. If I had to do it all over again I'd still go with Carts & Clubs. My recommendation is to go to Carts & Clubs, see what makes their carts different, get a quote on their form and then visit The Villages Golf Carts. Make your own observation and decision based on what you physically see & hear. As for gas vs. electric and manufacturer, most golf carts in the Villages are gas Yamaha. That means there are lots of people/companies that know how to fix them and typically lots of parts for repair.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
We'll be making a purchase within a week or so. I've already gotten quotes from 2 of these dealers and will continue to make phone calls. We'll move to TV in 5 months and want to have a cart waiting for us.

Below are 6 dealers I found when searching on Yamaha's Dealer Search. Any information good or bad is welcome- Thanks!

Carts and Clubs
Wholesale Golf Carts
Country Village Power
Advantage Golf Cars
Good Guys Golf Carts
Bargain Carts
We bought a 2022 Quiet Tech from Country Village Power in Webster, FL. They are an authorized Yamaha dealer and were a pleasure to work with. I called them from our home up north in late November to see if they had any new quiet techs available in the pipeline. To my surprise they had three in stock, one of which was the color I wanted. Their price was very good so I immediately put down a $500 deposit on it. I originally planned to buy it stripped down and customize it myself, but their quotes on many of the additional add on features was exactly what I would have paid for the parts and the labor was included in the cart set up fee. My only disappointment was that I wanted a clear (non tinted) folding windshield that has the vents on the bottom section and the vented windshield is only available on a tinted windshield. When we arrived in The Villages after Christmas the cart was in the shop being set up, two days later it was ready for us to inspect before delivery. Everything on the cart was perfect and it was delivered the next day to our home in the Villages. They just came to our home a couple days ago to do the initial 30 hour oil change and service, which was complimentary. We saved approximately $3,500 from buying from the Villages and didn’t have a long wait for the cart. We were lucky to get a 2022 since the 2023 model year is identical except for over a $1,000 price increase. They also gave us a 2% price discount for paying with a check instead of a credit card and threw in a few freebies including two extra keys, a floor mat, and hubcaps. We would highly recommend them and definitely use them again. Good luck with your cart search.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
We'll be making a purchase within a week or so. I've already gotten quotes from 2 of these dealers and will continue to make phone calls. We'll move to TV in 5 months and want to have a cart waiting for us.

Below are 6 dealers I found when searching on Yamaha's Dealer Search. Any information good or bad is welcome- Thanks!

Carts and Clubs
Wholesale Golf Carts
Country Village Power
Advantage Golf Cars
Good Guys Golf Carts
Bargain Carts
I sent you a private message.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:55 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
This is a rookie mistake! Good luck with your cart chase… a reputable dealer is always a wise choice for someone who doesn’t know how to do Golf maintenance…
Actually the rookie mistake is paying a large premium just because a lot of other people did.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 02-09-2023, 06:30 PM

Quote:

Carts and Clubs
Wholesale Golf Carts
Country Village Power
Advantage Golf Cars
Good Guys Golf Carts
Bargain Carts
Thanks to all who provided advice and feedback. We bought a new cart from The Villages dealership. One of the other dealers offered a cart almost identical to TV Carts for $1,000 less, but it had small round mirrors and a soft, unattractively colored valance without the option of swapping. So we got exactly what we wanted. To me it is always worth looking around.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

I have experience only with Country Village Power in Webster, Fl. They definitely ARE a Yamaha dealer, and they do sell NEW Yamaha carts. I saved about $2500 compared to The Villages Golf Cars.
I did have to make two trips out to Webster, about 40 minutes by car. I have had the cart 4 years now. All service has been done in the street in front of my house.
This year I am due for some service that must be done in the shop. They will come and pick it up, keep it for a few days, and then return it to me. I will not get a loaner.

I am very happy with the place.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:17 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Actually the rookie mistake is paying a large premium just because a lot of other people did.
Phone quotes are just that! But then again people here pay 27k for a 12k roof….
Old 02-10-2023, 05:17 AM
Default Golf carts

Quote:

Carts and Clubs
Wholesale Golf Carts
Country Village Power
Advantage Golf Cars
Good Guys Golf Carts
Bargain Carts
Carts & clubs without a doubt, I have purchased many carts from them do to the fact I have rentals here in TV, they come
To your home for service, in TV 2 times a week for service. They add things to your cart as standard that others don't.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:26 AM

Just keep in mind, if you don’t buy from the Villages Gulf Cart, you won’t get any service from them. That said, you can always have mechanics that come to your house or you can take it to a repair shop outside the Villages boundaries.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:38 AM

Quote:

Carts and Clubs
Wholesale Golf Carts
Country Village Power
Advantage Golf Cars
Good Guys Golf Carts
Bargain Carts
We got ours from Advantage Carts. A basic 2 seater nothing added but a mirror and an uncommon switch. $10,500 plus $75 to deliver it. Had it in a week. Very happy with it and the customer service.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

A buddy of mine just bought a decked out Yamaha, brand new, 2023, from Carts and Clubs in Ocala and he was very happy with the purchase. I don't know the exact numbers but he saved at least a couple thousand, probably a bit more.
Old 02-10-2023, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Add “The Villages Golf Carts” to your list. May not be the cheapest, but does have advantages if you want to get it serviced or warranty work done; like a free loaner while yours is being worked on or waiting 6 months for it to be delivered after you order it.
Agree wholeheartedly,
Old 02-10-2023, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

you forgot the golf cart dealer on 466 next door to Birdies Golf.
Old 02-10-2023, 06:47 AM

I agree with Carts and Clubs. We were able to choose extras and price was still lower than Villages. We love the fact they come to your home for services or any concerns. Never have had any problems with them.
Old 02-10-2023, 06:50 AM

Quote:

Carts and Clubs
Wholesale Golf Carts
Country Village Power
Advantage Golf Cars
Good Guys Golf Carts
Bargain Carts
I purchased from carts and clubs. Saved about 1,300 from similarly equipped from villages. Just scheduled my 1,000 free oil change. They do the service at my home. I recommend them.
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, dealers, golf, quotes, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.