Getting Quotes From 6 Dealers: Opinions / Experiences?

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2023, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Add “The Villages Golf Carts” to your list. May not be the cheapest, but does have advantages if you want to get it serviced or warranty work done; like a free loaner while yours is being worked on or waiting 6 months for it to be delivered after you order it.
I was happy to see VGC wasn't on the original list. For several reasons, I would leave it off the list. Yamaha requires dealers to work on warranty no matter where bought, but it might take VGC 6 to 12 months to get you in. If you do buy there, look at the workmanship for anything they touched. If used, try to determine how many miles it was driven. Take it for a test drive and listen for squeaks and rattles (that are not covered).

It's sad to read about people who "never had a problem" say how great they are, yet likely overpaid by thousands. And then read about people that had multiple issues and regret they ever set foot in the store. What good is the "we take care of our own; wink, wink"?

There are carts all over that are ready to buy immediately. No need to buy today and let it sit for months. Wait until you get here and settle in.
Old 02-10-2023, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
We'll be making a purchase within a week or so. I've already gotten quotes from 2 of these dealers and will continue to make phone calls. We'll move to TV in 5 months and want to have a cart waiting for us.

Below are 6 dealers I found when searching on Yamaha's Dealer Search. Any information good or bad is welcome- Thanks!

Carts and Clubs
Wholesale Golf Carts
Country Village Power
Advantage Golf Cars
Good Guys Golf Carts
Bargain Carts
You forgot to check out Atomic golf carts
Old 02-10-2023, 07:19 AM
Default Bought fron Villages Golf Carts, they will no longer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawriwwawriw View Post
Just keep in mind, if you don’t buy from the Villages Gulf Cart, you won’t get any service from them. That said, you can always have mechanics that come to your house or you can take it to a repair shop outside the Villages boundaries.
We bought our cart new from the Villages Cart store in 2002. They stopped servicing it 2 years ago. When we bought they said they would always service the cart because we bought it from them. Don't believe them. They will not service your cart once it reaches a certain age, apparently 20 years old. It is a gas cart, runs and looks great. We have it services now by a mobile service company. All we heard from Villages Cart Store was "sorry, but we won't honor our service forever, sorry".

Last edited by Villagesgal; 02-10-2023 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-10-2023, 07:22 AM

Quote:
What is a rookie mistake? I'm asking if the dealers I listed are reputable based on what people here know, and their experience. Also, the dealers I got quotes from do service the Yamahas they sell. BTW- I AM a rookie so I'm asking here to get educated.
There always has to be a smarta**.
Old 02-10-2023, 07:31 AM

Highly recommend Carts and Clubs.
Old 02-10-2023, 07:31 AM

Check new Star Lithium Electric. No noise, no smell, up to 90 miles per charge. About same price as Yamaha. Try Crown Carts
Old 02-10-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
We'll be making a purchase within a week or so. I've already gotten quotes from 2 of these dealers and will continue to make phone calls. We'll move to TV in 5 months and want to have a cart waiting for us.

Below are 6 dealers I found when searching on Yamaha's Dealer Search. Any information good or bad is welcome- Thanks!

Carts and Clubs
Wholesale Golf Carts
Country Village Power
Advantage Golf Cars
Good Guys Golf Carts
Bargain Carts
We have purchased three carts from Carts and Clubs. Very good Yamaha carts. Not the least expensive but high quality and superb service. C & C once replaced a battery that was out of warranty simply because they felt there were minimal miles on the cart. Hard to beat.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:20 AM

Quote:

Carts and Clubs
Wholesale Golf Carts
Country Village Power
Advantage Golf Cars
Good Guys Golf Carts
Bargain Carts
You get what you pay for. I bought mine from the Villages Golf store and had it custom built with everything I needed for around 16K. Very happy!
Old 02-10-2023, 08:22 AM

We bought two golf carts. One from Carts & Clubs and the other from The Villages. On one of the carts we wanted a Curtis Cab which was not offered at Carts & Clubs, so we bought that cart from The Villages. We are happy with the service from both places. Carts & Clubs comes to our house for service and we drive our other cart to the The Villages showroom for service. We have not (yet) needed more than routine maintenance on either cart. I highly recommend both of these businesses. Good luck on your purchase. You are going to love exploring The Villages (and golfing) in your new golf cart.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:28 AM

I was lucky to find a nearly new cart for sale from a villager that was moving back north. Cart was barely used and saved on both the cost and sales tax.
Old 02-10-2023, 09:12 AM

I will only buy from The Villages Golf Cars. Service, when needed, is top notch and they provide a loaner during servicing. We’re comfortable knowing that they stand behind their products. We like to buy brand new, not refurbished. I traded my 9 year old cart for a new cart, waited 5 months to get the new cart.
Old 02-10-2023, 09:55 AM
Default Villages Discount Golf Carts on 466

Quote:

Carts and Clubs
Wholesale Golf Carts
Country Village Power
Advantage Golf Cars
Good Guys Golf Carts
Bargain Carts
Village Discount Golf Carts
Old 02-10-2023, 09:59 AM
Default Golf carts

I just ordered a new golf cart from The Villages Golf carts. I went to some outside dealers for Club car etc. All are taking about 3 months to get and no one on the outside will give you a loaner for three months. The Villages gave me a loaner for the three months it will take or longer. Also is 2 minutes away from me. You also get a 4 year Yamaha warranty, plus an additional year from TVGC. I have had my Yamaha for 14 years with minimal repairs, and I hope this next cart will outlive me. Prices are a little bit higher, but taking everything into account IE free loaners, convenience etc, it made more sense for me.
Old 02-10-2023, 11:07 AM
Default Did Similar Research - Few Years Ago

Quote:

Carts and Clubs
Wholesale Golf Carts
Country Village Power
Advantage Golf Cars
Good Guys Golf Carts
Bargain Carts

These carts come to the dealer at around $10k. Then, the dealer adds various accessories. That's what brings the carts in The Villages to the mid teens to up over $20k.

We went with Carts and Clubs. Looking closely, we found that their wiring assemblies were higher quality and more secure as an example. The valances were a smarter design than the others. The quality of the enclosure and the sligh design differences results in the airflow - when it is raining - to appropriately billow outwards - as opposed to some it the enclosure pulls towards you.

Things like that. All claim to have great service. Frankly, The Villages has the easiest service. But the quality of the service we've had from Carts and Clubs I rate as excellent - in our experience so far. The reason I don't worry about this - is if it is not in warranty - I'm going to use Willy's anyway - who is a local service company for carts. I've personally experienced with prior carts that their diagnostic of the problem was superior - and - as a result - the repair was lower cost and the right one.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-10-2023, 11:23 AM

Quote:
What is a rookie mistake? I'm asking if the dealers I listed are reputable based on what people here know, and their experience. Also, the dealers I got quotes from do service the Yamahas they sell. BTW- I AM a rookie so I'm asking here to get educated.
Don't worry about getting your cart serviced, there are plenty of services here. I use ********* and he was cheaper than the seller to do maintenance on my cart and just as good.
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, dealers, golf, quotes, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.