Alert! On Golf Cart Service

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Sage
Arrow Alert! On Golf Cart Service

Just wanting to warn people of Ryan's Mobile Golf Cart Repair! We hired him and we thought he did a good job, but something was clinking. Well, he said he knew what that was and he'd be back the next day to fix it. We paid him over $1,000! So here were are! He never returned and only returned one call with some lame excuse.... Then "swore" he would return the next morning to fix it. It will be a week tomorrow and now he doesn't return his calls.

If I were you, I would not use him. I'm just sayin'...
Old 07-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

You paid him $1,000 not knowing if the problem was fixed and a promise to return tomorrow????????????

Seriously..........what were you thinking!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:38 PM

Ryan Greer- dont feel bad though, your not the only one. In the research I have been doing on golf car repair companies, he has taken many thousands of dollars from individuals with nothing in return. Combine that with restamping batteries, saying he installed new parts when in reality he didnt install any parts.

Rule number one, Dont EVER give any business money up front in Florida.

The bad thing is there are other repair shops that rank right up there with Ryans, and are ones you think are good. Be warned.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

chelsea24 - sorry for ya - maybe the goo services list on the virginia trace website can help you out:
http://virginiatrace.com/2011/Good_S...List050911.pdf

Old 07-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Sage

Chels,
It is terrible. Thank you for the warning. Hope you report him to Crimes Against Seniors, BBB and any other appropriate agencies.

Have you checked with the Sheriff's department? Surely there is a crime of theft somewhere in this scenario. Can you sue him in Small Claims court?

Brewster stated that this guy has done this before. Hmmm. Maybe the Sheriff would be willing to set up a sting. Just thinking out loud.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:48 PM

I've had good experiences with Sta Rite golf carts in Fruitland Park. Owner lives in The Villages and they pick up and deliver.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Sage

Have been hearing more and more of this about various golf cart dealers/repairmen. We could not be happier with the Villages Golf Car Store.....bought a demo, custom rebuilt with almost everything new. No problems ever, and they pick up and deliver. Annual tune-up, oil change etc. was $80 including pickup and delivery same day. I'm sure they're not the cheapest around, but a few dollars more up front to a stable, reputable dealership saves a lot on aggravation and loss of use from breakdowns (none in 2 years).

Like always, "You pay for what you get."
Old 07-23-2011, 06:19 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Sorry to say but I don't have a lot of sympathy for Chelsea24. Those of us here is TV got here, to some extent, by exercising common sense most of our lives. Now that we're here, why stop what has always worked? Paying in advance never worked real well. Every time I attend a presentation on scams or read an article in the paper on them, I hear or read lots of internet link warnings, lots of don't pay in advance warnings, and lots of don't give out personal information warnings. To echo a previous post - "What were you thinking?"

Greer has been around awhile. He caused lots of problems when he used to sell golf carts and golf cart parts (tops, sides, covers, etc.) out of Market of Marion as All American Golf Carts. That's gone now - no idea where but hopefully belly-up. Now Ryan's Mobile Golf Cart Repair has a sterling BBB rating of "F" with numerous complaints on file there. I'll bet Seniors Vs Crime has a file on him also.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Now wait a minute.....

I can understand how Chels got in this situation. They came and 'fixed' her cart, at the end of the service they asked for payment. Isn't that what usually happens? Once the service is provided, then you pay. Her problem is that the 'bad' service became apparent after the fact. Of course, hind sight is always 20/20. What should she have done after services rendered?...wait a month or week to pay them? Just wondering....to try to learn somethng here.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

SSmith is correct - once a job is done to your satisfaction (complete satisfaction, I might add) you should pay the vendor. That is the right and correct thing to do. As I read Chelsea24's post, Chelsea24 and company inspected the work while the vendor was on site, discovered a problem with the repairs which the vendor, on the spot, acknowledged. Ryan then stated he would return the next day to correct the unsatisfactory work. To me - JOB NOT COMPLETED YET SO DON'T PAY. Tomorrow, after he returns and makes it right, and they reinspect the repairs and are satisfied with the repairs, then pay the man! I'll bet a dollar to a donut hole that if they had worked it that way, Ryan would have returned the next day to complete the work and collect his money. Any takers on that bet?
Old 07-23-2011, 07:55 AM

Police cant help as another one taken by him learned "you freely gave him the money", sorry, no crime commited. Its small claims court time now.
He has a grocery list of complaints against him and the states attorney is looking into his issues. We need to stop all these companies (and there are more), but it starts with some common sense.

Brewster
Old 07-23-2011, 08:25 AM

Come on people.

Chelsea 24, who by the way has a lot more experience on TOTV than most of us, tried to be helpful to everyone by posting a warning concerning bad service. For that she is ridiculed for paying in advance. How to pay a service person can be a topic for another thread, but "Sorry to say I have no sympathy for Chelsea 24" and "Seriously.......What were you thinking?" are not, in my opinion proper responses to someone whose only purpose was to pass along helpful information.

JimT
Old 07-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt49 View Post
Come on people.

Chelsea 24, who by the way has a lot more experience on TOTV than most of us, tried to be helpful to everyone by posting a warning concerning bad service. For that she is ridiculed for paying in advance. How to pay a service person can be a topic for another thread, but "Sorry to say I have no sympathy for Chelsea 24" and "Seriously.......What were you thinking?" are not, in my opinion proper responses to someone whose only purpose was to pass along helpful information.

JimT
Well said Jim. My thoughts exactly when I read this thread and those responses.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Veteran member

Hi Chels, depending on how you paid it's worth a try to contact your bank or credit card company right away and try to reverse the charge for fraud. It may not be too late. I've done this several times over the years in similar situations.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt49 View Post
Come on people.

JimT
Thanks for your comments. While reading this thread, I was thinking the same thing & getting ready to post something similar. But you said it so well.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.