Golf Car - Buying out of the state, Out of the Bubble

Old 04-24-2024, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRcorvette View Post
My neighbor just bought a nice Yamaha cart in Alabama for under $10k and had it shipped for $500 no sales tax either! This cart if bought at the Villages would be around $15k
"no sales tax either". Well, you don't have to pay for it up front but if you want to remain in good standing with Uncle Sam, you WILL have to pay tax.
Old 04-24-2024, 06:25 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,250 Times in 363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
Oh yes, part of the “Villages store is too expensive to buy at but I still want them to service my cart I bought elsewhere” crowd. Why didn’t you just haul your cart back to the dealer you purchased it from? Having the Villages service department available is part of the cost of a new cart purchase. I fully support them not servicing carts purchased there. Why do I want to get an appointment later than someone who bought the cart elsewhere? A smart company takes care of their customers, not someone else’s.
My cart came with a Yamaha warranty. ANY authorized Yamaha dealer is required to service carts still under warranty. That is why it is a FACTORY warranty guaranteed to be honored at all authorized dealers. The dealer is NOT losing money when they do the work. They are reimbursed by Yamaha at a predetermined rate. TV Carts just has so much business that they can use tactics such as I described to push customers away.

It amazes me that so many are willing to pay the ultra premium price at TV cart stores. I guess you are one of the sheep.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 04-25-2024, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
... ANY authorized Yamaha dealer is required to service carts still under warranty. That is why it is a FACTORY warranty guaranteed to be honored at all authorized dealers. ...
Great point. Just because a place sells Yamaha golf cars (Yamaha calls them cars, not carts, FWIW), does NOT mean they are "authorized."

To find authorized dealers near you: Find a Dealer | Golf Cart | Yamaha Golf Car
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 04-27-2024, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
Anyone bought a Golf Car out of state (that delivers to TV) or outside of the area that they would recommend? I know I have read in the past about others doing this, but all my key word searches failed to find any threads of interest.
Yes! I've purchased a custom made cart from Golf Cart Warehouse in Ohio. They deliver to TV. Website is: JoeyKidd@GolfCartWarehouse.com
Old 04-27-2024, 02:49 PM

Great information. Thank you!
Old 04-27-2024, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
Anyone bought a Golf Car out of state (that delivers to TV) or outside of the area that they would recommend? I know I have read in the past about others doing this, but all my key word searches failed to find any threads of interest.
I have a question so bear with me. Are all golf cars built as basic models and then dealers customize them, or do you oder a golf car and the factory builds them to your specifications? I suspect some features are dealer installed but what items are installed at the factory? Seats ect?
Old 04-27-2024, 10:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Keep in mind if you buy out of state, they generally will only have a few on-hand (and overpriced) accessories and some 3rd party (Mad Jax) type stuff. Pretty basic. If you want liquid LEDs or rain enclosures or El Tigre seats, or self-cancelling turn signals, etc., you're not likely to find them at "Ye Old Cart Shoppe" in East Tennessee or wherever else.
You hit the nail on the head. What's "loaded" in one place would easily be considered a bare bones golf cart in TV. You need to compare model vs model and all of the add-ons. My 2015 Yamaha used cart came with over $4000 in add-ons. Turn signals, locking glovebox dashboard, and Sunbrella is pretty expensive. Most people posting about getting a new cart for $10k likely have no custom upholstery or any of the add-ons you're likely to expect in a TV Yamaha cart.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:28 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,119 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlejsek@sbcglobal.net View Post
I have a question so bear with me. Are all golf cars built as basic models and then dealers customize them, or do you oder a golf car and the factory builds them to your specifications? I suspect some features are dealer installed but what items are installed at the factory? Seats ect?

You can design your own cart at TV store, then they build what you want at their garage. They even do the custom paint there. You can even add options for 30 days with no labor charge.

If there are any problems you can go to any of their stores for help, plus a free loaner while being repaired for the life of your cart.

There is something to be said about peace of mind and a 5 year warranty.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainpd View Post
Mods.. Can you please due your job. Delete all posts about buying local. The question was about buying out of state but without your help, the question will never get answered
Some like to toot their own horn.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
My cart came with a Yamaha warranty. ANY authorized Yamaha dealer is required to service carts still under warranty. That is why it is a FACTORY warranty guaranteed to be honored at all authorized dealers. The dealer is NOT losing money when they do the work. They are reimbursed by Yamaha at a predetermined rate. TV Carts just has so much business that they can use tactics such as I described to push customers away.

It amazes me that so many are willing to pay the ultra premium price at TV cart stores. I guess you are one of the sheep.
No, It is still true, you get what you pay for. Love the no headaches when dealing with The Villages Golf Cart Stores.
One little example is that recently I went 10 inch golf cart tire shopping. Found the lowest price for 4 new tires at the TV stores by quite a lot.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,113 Times in 2,762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
No, It is still true, you get what you pay for. Love the no headaches when dealing with The Villages Golf Cart Stores.
One little example is that recently I went 10 inch golf cart tire shopping. Found the lowest price for 4 new tires at the TV stores by quite a lot.
Hmmm, no headaches with The Villages golf carts?? We wanted 10 inch tires when we bought my wife’s 2015 Club Car Precedent and they said that’s a great idea. The first turn we made going out of the parking lot the front tires were rubbing in the wheel well, something any competent dealer should have known would happen. A couple weeks later we got stranded when the carts starter generator belt snapped because the technician had it set way too tight. They hire inexperienced and inexpensive technicians and as soon as they learn their trade they go off on their own to make a decent living.

We had a significantly easier and lower stress experience using the combination Country Villages Power and Todd Casey for service.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,617 Times in 948 Posts

The cost of materials is the same if you buy local or out of town. Labor costs are relatively similar.
Maybe Villages Golf Cart has a profit margin a few points higher (some have said they only saved $2000 going out of the bubble); so their PM isn’t that much larger

If you think you are saving $10,000 on a golf cart from out of town; something has to give; either you are getting a refurb cart and not being told or the accessories are inferior.

Tags
golf, car, state, find, threads

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.