Golf Car - Buying out of the state, Out of the Bubble

Old 04-24-2024, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Yes, I bought mine in Alabama and towed it here during the time we were part time residents.

I saved about $2,000 compared to buying at Villages Golf Cart. The only glitch is getting warranty service. I used Carts and Clubs in Ocala when my secondary clutch failed. They agreed to do it only AFTER I spoke with the manager and explained it was not purchased locally.

TV Golf Carts were smart enough to not refuse service since it was under factory warranty. However, they tried to give me an appointment 7 months in the future so it was the same as refusing. Carts and Clubs came to the house 3 days later and repaired it on site.
Oh yes, part of the “Villages store is too expensive to buy at but I still want them to service my cart I bought elsewhere” crowd. Why didn’t you just haul your cart back to the dealer you purchased it from? Having the Villages service department available is part of the cost of a new cart purchase. I fully support them not servicing carts purchased there. Why do I want to get an appointment later than someone who bought the cart elsewhere? A smart company takes care of their customers, not someone else’s.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
Oh yes, part of the “Villages store is too expensive to buy at but I still want them to service my cart I bought elsewhere” crowd. Why didn’t you just haul your cart back to the dealer you purchased it from? Having the Villages service department available is part of the cost of a new cart purchase. I fully support them not servicing carts purchased there. Why do I want to get an appointment later than someone who bought the cart elsewhere? A smart company takes care of their customers, not someone else’s.
Providing services is the money maker for these operations. If they have the time after they take care of "their customers," why wouldn't they want to service others and charge them for it? If their labor force is not available, then I agree, service your customers first.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
go to 466 and see The Villages Discount Golf Carts Store, next to Birdies Golf, which by the way is NOT associated with the villages. Why pay the expense for shipping from out of state?
Just a heads up their golf carts are refurbished.

Also when buying outside TV be-careful of what type of warranty you're getting.

I'm a frugal person but I spent the extra at TV cars and anytime there is an issue they take me right away and even give me a loaner if I need.

No waiting for appointments or for some guy to show up in a van if there is an issue or a factory warranty issue.

I didn't mind paying extra for the convenience and peace of mind.

Good Luck.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:57 AM
Default Read the original question again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainpd View Post
Mods.. Can you please due your job. Delete all posts about buying local. The question was about buying out of state but without your help, the question will never get answered
The original question was along the lines of "Has anyone purchased out of state or OUTSIDE THE BUBBLE" Webster and similar areas would be considered outside the bubble.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:06 AM

My neighbor just bought a nice Yamaha cart in Alabama for under $10k and had it shipped for $500 no sales tax either! This cart if bought at the Villages would be around $15k
Old 04-24-2024, 08:32 AM
Default Atlantic Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
Anyone bought a Golf Car out of state (that delivers to TV) or outside of the area that they would recommend? …
Before moving to TV, we lived on the Atlantic coast. We shopped lithium carts there thinking we’d save money. Unfortunately, they only configure the carts with small batteries (30 miles) because the neighborhoods are much smaller. The price was better and the sellers were willing to trailer the cart to TV for a fee. We would have had to find local service though - TV stores only want to service their carts.

It was tricky to find the cart shops - we usually found them by driving around.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Mods.. Can you please due your job. Delete all posts about buying local. The question was about buying out of state but without your help, the question will never get answered
Tsk. Tsk. Moderate your criticism. Note that the OP is also trying to save. Many of the posts to which you refer were very helpful in that regard.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:38 AM
Veteran member

There is a company that hauls cars and frequently posts their services on TOTV. I do not remember the company name, but maybe someone does? If the OP finds what he is looking for, maybe this company can deliver it to his door.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:40 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Poster did ask for shops "out of the area". Country is 30 miles from our home in Spanish Springs. To me that is out of the area.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:09 AM
Default Decal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
We bought a 2022 Yamaha Quiet Tech from Country Villages Power Equipment in Webster, FL. They were a great company to deal with, did an excellent job custom building the cart to our specifications, and delivered the cart to our Villages home. We easily saved $4k versus the Villages Golf Cars and they come to your house to do a complementary oil change and go over the entire cart after 30 hours of use. I planned on buying a stripped cart and customizing it myself, but after pricing the necessary parts it was just as cheap to have them build the cart the way I wanted it and the labor was free when they built the cart. Also, after about 6 months I discovered a problem with the turn signal/headlight module and they came to our house and installed a brand new one two days later under full warranty. I would highly recommend checking them out.
Had similar happy results with them last summer. Coincidentally, the owner had just purchased another company that "prints" vinyl, custom decals. I emailed them one of my "fish" pics and they whipped up a couple of versions as a "test" and one of them now resides on the front of our cart.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Veteran member

Keep in mind if you buy out of state, they generally will only have a few on-hand (and overpriced) accessories and some 3rd party (Mad Jax) type stuff. Pretty basic. If you want liquid LEDs or rain enclosures or El Tigre seats, or self-cancelling turn signals, etc., you're not likely to find them at "Ye Old Cart Shoppe" in East Tennessee or wherever else.

Especially if you're looking at Yamaha. Yamaha generally builds "bulletproof" stuff, but they are a few years behind on innovation - whether that's golf carts, jet skis, or whatever else.

That's just been my observation and experience, YMMV. Flame away.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRcorvette View Post
My neighbor just bought a nice Yamaha cart in Alabama for under $10k and had it shipped for $500 no sales tax either! This cart if bought at the Villages would be around $15k
Might you know who he bought the cart from? What your neighbor did is exactly what I am trying to do.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Yes, I bought mine in Alabama and towed it here during the time we were part time residents.

I saved about $2,000 compared to buying at Villages Golf Cart. The only glitch is getting warranty service. I used Carts and Clubs in Ocala when my secondary clutch failed. They agreed to do it only AFTER I spoke with the manager and explained it was not purchased locally.

TV Golf Carts were smart enough to not refuse service since it was under factory warranty. However, they tried to give me an appointment 7 months in the future so it was the same as refusing. Carts and Clubs came to the house 3 days later and repaired it on site.
then you should contact Yamaha and let them know what is going on at there biggest customer / dealer.
Old 04-24-2024, 11:10 AM
Default yamaha golf cart

Webster is the best place with the very best prices on Yamaha golf carts
Old 04-24-2024, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
Might you know who he bought the cart from? What your neighbor did is exactly what I am trying to do.
We bought one of our 2 GCs at Plaza Golf Cart sales in Demopolis, AL for around $9k 2 yrs ago - brand new Quietech2 (I believe they're up to $9.5k now).

Tags
golf, car, state, find, threads

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.