Golf cart brand

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2010, 07:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucko View Post
FWIW -- TNT Yamaha in Quincy, IL. sells lots of carts in The Villages and world wide -- They will set a new 2010 gas or electric Yamaha Drive cart in your driveway for a base price of $4799.00 plus a big discount on options -- They sell totally Village ready carts and are in The Villages monthly and all Yamaha dealers must service all Yamaha carts regardless of the often misleading advice from local sales people -- I believe the new cart warrenty is 4 years -- Oh yeah, NO TAX and FREE SHIPPING !!!!!!!!!!!! They also sell reconditioned carts, new and used motorcycles -- I have had my gas cart ( The Villages is big and getting bigger ) from TNT for 2 1/2 years and am totally satisfied -- Good luck -- Lucko
I just checked out their website. It looks like they sell brand new Yamaha electric carts for $5,000. Of course all accessories are extra. Can I really buy a new electric cart for 5k and then get a 5k tax credit? I intend on calling them to find out. Thanks for the post.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Not and be Villages ready. It will require lights, sunbrella, high speed gears, larger tires and wheels and several other expensive options. That basic cart is set up for a golf course. No lights, small tires, goes a maximum of 14 mph, and no curtains. By the time you add everything you need, it is very close to double the base price.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Veteran member

The tax credit is only for LSVs (Low Speed Vehicles), not for regular golf carts. LSVs need to be registered as a motor vehicle, have license plates and require auto insurance.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Red face Golf cart

I've been a villager for 11 years and have my second gas Yamaha. In my experience 8 out of 10 broken down carts on the side of the cart path are electric. If you ask the independent golf cart service people, they will tell you that gas is better and if you still want an electric cart, stay away from Par Car If you want a Yamaha gas go to the Villages and also to the other Yamaha dealer in Ocala on 301/441 called Carts & Clubs for the best deal and service.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Default Street Productions Palm Ridge Plaza

I found a website for Street Productions at Palm Ridge Plaza. The carts are really neat (and made in Iowa!!!!!!!!!!!!). My question is has anyone dealt with this dealer and what was your experience. They are a little pricey but we only go around once, right?

Hope to join you all in Paradise soon.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I did a lot of research before buying a golf cart. Seems I do that with most things and it usually helps you make a good decision. At least an informed decision. I even stopped and talked to all the in driveway service people I could find. Seems to be an overwhelming bias for Yamaha for gas, Club Car for electric.

I bought a used one of each and have had no trouble with either. I finally bought a new Yamaha gas cart and tried to deal with TNT with limited success. Tried the Villages golf cart store and finally purchased from Carts & Clubs in Ocala. A 2010 Yamaha gas with LED lights, locking glove boxes, shelf, extended tail pipe, gas gauge, speedometer and side lights. They also do several enhancements to the enclosure that work much better then the standard one most places install. Tabs on all the snaps, better zippers, etc. Great cart. I guess where you get the best deal will vary depending on how many carts they have sold that month, but I would highly recommend Carts and Clubs. It's a short ride there and worth the trip.

I still have my used 04 Yamaha gas that was refurbished in 08 that I would sell. Kind of nice having the extra cart, but need the space if anyone is looking for a nice used gas Yamaha. And it has the extended tail pipe.
I just sent you a P.M.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.