Golf cart charger ?

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Golf cart charger ?

I have a 2007 remanufactured Club Car DS 48 volt. The cart runs good but I I just noticed something peculiar with my golf cart charger. When I first plug it into the cart, the needle jumps showing the charger fully charging the cart. BUt after 24 hours or so the needle is still partially showing it charging whereas before the needle after a nights charge would be on "0".

Is this an indcation that the charger is going bad??

When I drive, the carts charging guage shows the batteries (which are 3 years old) fully charged.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:06 PM

I doubt it is a charger issue. If its a factory club car charger, it rare for them to fail completely, and when they do have an issue it is generally about a 100 bucks to fix them.
The charger should not run for 24 hours- proper checking of the system would be in order if the problem persists.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:16 PM

You may have a bad battery. You need to check each one and be sure they have water and correct voltage.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickg View Post
You may have a bad battery. You need to check each one and be sure they have water and correct voltage.
This makes sense to me. It is the first thing I would check.

Here is a thread on the subject where I was asking the same type question in 2011 which has some info that may be helpful:

Charger will not shutoff

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.