Golf Cart Enclosures

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2022, 09:29 AM

Yeah, I got the same answer from Villages Golf Cars salesman “we will NEVER carry them because it’s something that could break” to which my reply was “oh, yeah the same technology used on every roll-up shade on multiple windows in millions of homes? You’re right!”
Old 12-25-2022, 12:08 PM

If you are responding about the ones that have a chain that rolls up the blinds, I'd very much like to hear your experience including where you purchased them. If you looked at the website I posted, you'll see that the ones I'm referring to come from NY, although there may be other alternatives. Thanks.
Old 12-25-2022, 02:24 PM

I use a golf club plastic tube, available for $2 at Walmart. I slit the tube and slid the bottom of the curtain through the slit and locked it in with a wiretie. Rolls up quickly and neatly, by hand of course.
Old 12-25-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonbork View Post
Does anyone have experience with the cart enclosures that roll up like blinds? The company that advertised in ValPack is in NY and has someone in TV do the local installations. I asked about them at Villages Carts and a salesman said that they were "brittle" and prone to breakage and didn't have any warranty.
The mfg. is Club Protector from NY. Phone number 800-338-8749.
Old 12-25-2022, 03:08 PM

Also, they were the inventors of the canopy-type club protector and have been in business since the 90's. I'm sure if you call them they will have their local installer give you a call.
Old 12-25-2022, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,285 Times in 4,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
Or just get a hard enclosure...Curtis Cab makes one that is studry, doors lock, slides up and back so it works well in tight spaces, and you can react instantly to whatever weather happens. It's also pretty tight in the winter winds so you stay comfy. And the complaint they are hot in the summer is just not true. I've had one on my last two carts and would not go back to the roll ups.
I played golf, sharing a cart with someone who had a Curtis Cab...

HATED IT! Getting in and out was a a constant challenge to avoid whacking my head, shoulders, etc... Maybe it's because I'm tall, but I'd never buy one...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-25-2022, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Keep the snaps well lubricated. Plain chap stick will even work. Just add to the mail end. Easy and quick.
Thank you! 👍🏻
Old 12-25-2022, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,114 Times in 2,762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I played golf, sharing a cart with someone who had a Curtis Cab...

HATED IT! Getting in and out was a a constant challenge to avoid whacking my head, shoulders, etc... Maybe it's because I'm tall, but I'd never buy one...
Ditto
Old 12-26-2022, 09:31 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,762 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
Or just get a hard enclosure...Curtis Cab makes one that is studry, doors lock, slides up and back so it works well in tight spaces, and you can react instantly to whatever weather happens. It's also pretty tight in the winter winds so you stay comfy. And the complaint they are hot in the summer is just not true. I've had one on my last two carts and would not go back to the roll ups.
And what is the difference in price of the two types ? I assume it could (??) be thousands MORE for an all hard enclosure ?
Closed Thread

Tags
enclosures, cart, golf, villages, carts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.