Golf Cart Etiquette

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Fuel injectors often go bad or gum up. They also have to spray at the correct time.That IS why they need to be periodically inspected and cleaned. Also that IS why NEW replacement injectors are SOLD. If they NEVER sprayed out droplets that are too large then there would NOT ever be the problems that I discussed - like washing down the cylinder walls and causing friction and excessive wear.

A simple way to realize that I am right is to look at the BLACK smoke that some carts put out, And sit near where they travel by on a windless day or night and you can SMELL them go by, We ALL have experienced that. It's just a fact that SMALL IC engines are likely to NOT burn as clean as newer cars and trucks. The cars are forced into cleaner operation by the Federal Government than are the golf carts. Gas golf carts have less pollution control than cars and trucks.
I haven’t experienced that, so you can’t claim that we all have. Older carb cart, yes.
Old 08-29-2022, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Don’t wast your time conversing with someone who hates internal combustion engines and likes to make stuff up in a lame attempt to justify his opinion.
This needs to be repeated often. Especially since he's just trying to push his agenda again. The topic of this thread is Golf Cart ETIQUETTE. Not Golf Cart Mechanics.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!

Last edited by Kenswing; 08-29-2022 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2022, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Don’t wast your time conversing with someone who hates internal combustion engines and likes to make stuff up in a lame attempt to justify his opinion.
Sounds like someone is knocking another's opinion for the sole purpose of promoting their own opinion. Last I heard, this IS an opinion Forum. I conscientiously do NOT make things up. I believe that people prefer non-polluted air to breathe and prevent Global Warming to give over a better planet to their children. I further believe that people are beginning to choose E-bikes, E-golf carts, and E-cars and trucks.

It is JUST basic progress! Who am I to deny progress? Why would I be asked to NOT accept progress? I am just welcoming it. Some people welcomed the 1st telephone. Some switched from horse to car. Many will welcome E-vehicles. E-bikes are a lot of fun and E-golf carts are quieter and more maintenance-free. And as a fringe benefit, we are turning over to our grandchildren a cleaner air planet with less fires, floods, coastal water rise, and melting glaciers. What's NOT to like!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2022, 02:09 PM
Default Improper name

Years ago I attended a walk thru at the EZ Golf Car plant in Augusta Georgia. The very first thing said to the group was, it is not a golf cart. You push or pull a cart. You drive a car. Anytime someone says golf cart they will buy the rest a round of drinks. It sounds like we have a lot of drink buyers on this thread.

Old 08-29-2022, 02:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Do you also have a radar gun?
No, but I would NOT mind having a job of golf cart Police where I used one and issued tickets. Because there are many, many accidents involving golf carts, which have high centers of gravity and are primarily designed to drive around 15 MPH on soft grass. Also, golf car drivers tend to feel more confident about driving drunk than automobile drivers. Those factors become a DEADLY combination. Often people need to be PROTECTED from THEMSELVES.

People that care about people would WANT the speed of golf carts checked for humanitarian purposes. With A.I. and robotics development it would seem easy enough to have ground-mounted cameras or a drone that would identify a chip in a golf cart and issue a ticket by mail for speeding and also to check for improper speed adjustments to the engine.
Old 08-29-2022, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Sounds like someone is knocking another's opinion for the sole purpose of promoting their own opinion. Last I heard, this IS an opinion Forum. I conscientiously do NOT make things up. I believe that people prefer non-polluted air to breathe and prevent Global Warming to give over a better planet to their children. I further believe that people are beginning to choose E-bikes, E-golf carts, and E-cars and trucks.

It is JUST basic progress! Who am I to deny progress? Why would I be asked to NOT accept progress? I am just welcoming it. Some people welcomed the 1st telephone. Some switched from horse to car. Many will welcome E-vehicles. E-bikes are a lot of fun and E-golf carts are quieter and more maintenance-free. And as a fringe benefit, we are turning over to our grandchildren a cleaner air planet with less fires, floods, coastal water rise, and melting glaciers. What's NOT to like!!!!!!!
Except........

It won't be your grandchildren, since those events are about 15-20,000 years away

and

It has nothing to do with SUVs, carbon footprints or fossil fuels, it is due to variations in Earth's axis over time and variations in our orbit around the sun

So......the myth of global warming due to man's activities can be filed with Santa Claus and the tooth fairy, for all those gullible enough to believe it
Old 08-29-2022, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
No, but I would NOT mind having a job of golf cart Police where I used one and issued tickets. Because there are many, many accidents involving golf carts, which have high centers of gravity and are primarily designed to drive around 15 MPH on soft grass. Also, golf car drivers tend to feel more confident about driving drunk than automobile drivers. Those factors become a DEADLY combination. Often people need to be PROTECTED from THEMSELVES.

People that care about people would WANT the speed of golf carts checked for humanitarian purposes. With A.I. and robotics development it would seem easy enough to have ground-mounted cameras or a drone that would identify a chip in a golf cart and issue a ticket by mail for speeding and also to check for improper speed adjustments to the engine.
People that care?????------maybe
Big brother????----------------definitely
I suppose all this technology should be paid for by "the rich" and "corporations"

No thank you, I prefer not to live in Oceania
Old 08-29-2022, 02:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Yeah, we need more government agencies and oversight. I heard all your credit card debt will be absorbed by the Federal Government if you make less than $120,000. Boy, some people get wacky in their old age.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyLee View Post
When I zip past you I'm going to be blasting Judas priest; breaking the law
BREAKING THE LAW BREAKING THE LAW BREAKING THE LAW
Outstanding reference!
Old 08-29-2022, 04:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Except........

It won't be your grandchildren, since those events are about 15-20,000 years away

and

It has nothing to do with SUVs, carbon footprints or fossil fuels, it is due to variations in Earth's axis over time and variations in our orbit around the sun

So......the myth of global warming due to man's activities can be filed with Santa Claus and the tooth fairy, for all those gullible enough to believe it
The EVENTS that I mentioned are happening today and are on everyone's TV screen. Kentucky is flooding and killing and injuring people. Same in Pakistan. Fire all over the US west. Miami and the Florida keys have flooding streets on high tide days. Masses of people are coming northward from South America to the US. Same in Africa heading northward to Europe. That 20,000-year cycle thing and tilting of the earth's axis is what's known as a RATIONALIZATION. Which we were told in high school to watch out for in debates. There will NOT be very much buy-in to that fantasy story by the people of TV Land. But, nice try anyway.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, begin, tailgate, signaling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.