Golf Cart Inner Tubes

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2017, 04:34 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Question Golf Cart Inner Tubes

I am looking for inner tubes for my golf cart tires. If you know of a place that sells them for 205/50R10 tires please post or PM the info to me.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:38 AM

Try a google search.I did and eBay has them.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Veteran member
Arrow Golf Cart Inner Tubes

Where can I buy inner tubes to fit my mag wheels with 205/50R10 tires?
Old 09-14-2017, 01:29 PM
Gold member

Amazon has them, 2 for $17
Old 09-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
Where can I buy inner tubes to fit my mag wheels with 205/50R10 tires?
20.5/8.0-10 205/65-10 205/50-10 Tire Inner Tube Trailer Golf Cart Heavy Duty | eBay
Old 09-14-2017, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
I am looking for inner tubes for my golf cart tires. If you know of a place that sells them for 205/50R10 tires please post or PM the info to me.
20.5/8.0-10 205/65-10 205/50-10 Tire Inner Tube Trailer Golf Cart Heavy Duty | eBay
Old 09-14-2017, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Walmart tire and auto
Old 09-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Veteran member

Thanks. I did talk with the Tire Geek and he said some of his customer tried them and told him they didn't work even though the manufacture said the would.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:46 PM

Do not have a cart! Why do you need inner tubes? Different than a car tire?
Old 09-14-2017, 06:36 PM
Gold member
Default Huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
I believe golf cart tires are tubeless tires. They can be patched.

In days of old some people, could find a shop that would put tubes into a tubeless tire. It never worked well due to friction between the tubeless tire and the tube.

Solution was to apply baby powder to the tube. ????? I think baby powder has been take off the market due to someone suing JNJ.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:01 AM
Veteran member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
The tires are mounted on mag wheels and there are minor leeks around the beads. I need to add air weekly to 3 of the 4 tires. Tubes would solve the problem. The tires are 205/50R10. The "R" stands for radial and all the tubes mentioned on here are only good for none radial (bias belt) tires. They will not work with radial tires. One tire story has a compound they use to seal the beads, however in the extreme heat of the summer it melts and slowly leaks out. I am sure I am not the only person having this problem and I would like to know how others fixed their leaks.
Thank You
Old 10-04-2017, 03:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
I believe golf cart tires are tubeless tires. They can be patched.

In days of old some people, could find a shop that would put tubes into a tubeless tire. It never worked well due to friction between the tubeless tire and the tube.

Solution was to apply baby powder to the tube. ????? I think baby powder has been take off the market due to someone suing JNJ.
Walmart and Walgreens both still sell baby powder.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,250 Posts

OP, If you have not already talked to the garage that mounted your tires, ask them about a sealant. I had the same problem on my Chrysler Sebring convertible (2000). In that case, the moisture would get into the rim area next to the tire, and eventually cause corrosion which resulted in the air loss. As I recall the tire dealer carefully cleaned the rims, and used a sealant, this good for a year or so. In my case, I was told this was a known problem with the Chrysler wheels, you may have the same problem with the golf cart wheels, and being much smaller, they lose air pressure a lot faster. Hope this helps.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, If you have not already talked to the garage that mounted your tires, ask them about a sealant. I had the same problem on my Chrysler Sebring convertible (2000). In that case, the moisture would get into the rim area next to the tire, and eventually cause corrosion which resulted in the air loss. As I recall the tire dealer carefully cleaned the rims, and used a sealant, this good for a year or so. In my case, I was told this was a known problem with the Chrysler wheels, you may have the same problem with the golf cart wheels, and being much smaller, they lose air pressure a lot faster. Hope this helps.
The problem with the sealer is on the very hot days over time it melts and starts leaking again.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:34 AM
Gold member
Default The voice of experience

Quote:
The tires are mounted on mag wheels and there are minor leeks around the beads. I need to add air weekly to 3 of the 4 tires. Tubes would solve the problem. The tires are 205/50R10. The "R" stands for radial and all the tubes mentioned on here are only good for none radial (bias belt) tires. They will not work with radial tires. One tire story has a compound they use to seal the beads, however in the extreme heat of the summer it melts and slowly leaks out. I am sure I am not the only person having this problem and I would like to know how others fixed their leaks.
Thank You
I had a british sports care with wire wheels-spoke wheels-like a bicycle. It had radial tires tubeless tires so the only way to hold air was with a tube. Radial tubes were/are just thicker rubber. My car was far faster than a golf cart.
I do expect tubes will work at golf cart speeds. For my car
a blown tube at 100+ was no fun. I ended up taking the wire wheels off the car and replacing them with regular steel wheels solving the problem.

FOR YOU-[ would put your golf cart on jack stands and remove one wheel at a time. Put the entire wheel, tire assembly under water and see where the air is leaking from. Bead? Stem? Hole in tire? Manufacturing defect?

Radial tires? Too late now but, I doubt it makes much difference in a 20 mph golf cart. BUT, on a radial tire the sidewalls do flex more-that might cause a bead sealing issue.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.