Golf cart insurance

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Default Golf cart insurance

Does anybody out there know of an insurance company that will insure a golf cart in a rental unit? How to get insurance
Old 11-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Default Golf cart insurance???

Do most people have golf cart insurance in TV?
Old 11-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmajer View Post
Do most people have golf cart insurance in TV?
I'd highly suspect that most people do. We do - wouldn't be without it. We also have the proper coverage(s) on the cart so that it ties in with an umbrella liability policy we have.

Bill
Old 11-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Default Golf Cart Ins. for For Renters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmclover View Post
Does anybody out there know of an insurance company that will insure a golf cart in a rental unit? How to get insurance
My agent told me anyone who drives my cart is covered if driving with my permission. I just can't make the cart part of the rental agreement.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

One way or another the wording in your lease isn't going to matter. If something happens the underwriter has the last say no matter what your agent says he or she will be the end answer to what will be covered, its easier as an agent to say its covered to keep us happy, but if the underwriter say's not going to cover due to a renter, your external coverage may not help. This is going to be an ongoing problem and we are not going to know until someone has a claim with their renter. Stay tuned and let us know about your claim.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:45 PM

We recently moved to TV and bought Golf Cart Insurance. It is in our umbrella policy also. Our insurance agent told us that we the cart is covered for our visitors for our home. But, she did say that those carts that are part of a rental property are NOT covered. She also mentioned not to let neighbors or others that are not visiting us borrow the cart.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Veteran member
Default golf cart ins

do not attach your golf cart ins. to a rider on your homeowners..if you have any claims you can lose your home owners ins. which is sometimes hard to get in Fla. so get a seperate golf cart policy
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.