Golf Cart Insurance Question

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Default Golf Cart Insurance Question

I just bought a home in the Villages. At the present time I am forced to rent it because of issues presently preventing me from being there full time. Because of that I am renting my home temporarily. I want to buy a golf cart and I am looking for an insurance agency who will insure the cart that is used by renters in a rental situation. Does anyone know who I might talk with to get insurance for my golf cart in these circumstances. Or is just having the tenant sign a waiver or liability enough to protect me. Appreciate all replies

Bob in Maine
Old 02-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Veteran member

I'd call The Villages insurance office: 352-751-6622. I have my cart policy with them at a modest cost. I would definitely not go with tenants' hold harmless clause. IMHO you need a policy insuring you and your interests. Just my opinion. Good luck,
Old 02-28-2012, 03:02 PM

Thanks for your input. However I use the Villages insurance company for my house and they told me that they no longer write policies for golf carts that are to be used by renters. Anyone who has such a policy now with them is grandfathered for now they said. It might be better for me to not rent with a golf cart included if I can't get the insurance I need.

Thanks again

Bob in Maine
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.