Golf Cart Question

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2022, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peazoup View Post
I have a brand new Club Cart Onward. Being on the short side, I have to pull the seat forward but then the steering wheel is too close for comfort. I can't easily reach around it for the ignition switch or light switch. Club Cart store will not shorten steering column for me which is what is needed. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if you know of someone who would shorten the column for me. Thanks for any info.
I put a pillow behind me. That works the best.
Old 11-17-2022, 06:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurano View Post
You don’t need to do any of this. They sell a snap on pedal extender at any golf cart dealer. We have 1. It takes 5 seconds to take on and off.

Amazon.com
Agree. Bought ($$$) ours at Lake Sumpter Landing golf cart store. Use plastic slip ties to attach to pedal so they don’t slip off. Works great.
Old 11-17-2022, 07:10 AM

My wife is 4'11" . We solved the problem with sliding El Tigre golf cart seats and a plastic block for the accelerator from any golf cart store or online.
Old 11-17-2022, 07:24 AM

Purchase a pedal extender. Brownwood golf cart store for $45.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I have a brand new Club Cart Onward. Being on the short side, I have to pull the seat forward but then the steering wheel is too close for comfort. I can't easily reach around it for the ignition switch or light switch. Club Cart store will not shorten steering column for me which is what is needed. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if you know of someone who would shorten the column for me. Thanks for any info.
I am 4’10”. The thick plastic snap on petal extender that can be purchased at the golf cart stores is perfect. It snaps right back off if my husband drives. We keep it in the glove box when not needed.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:10 AM
Default Accelerator Pedal Block

Quote:
Friends have used a Sanding Block, about $6 at Home Depot fastened to the Accelerator Pedal, it's made of hard rubber and works great.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:18 AM

You can change the steering column out for a early 70's tilt steering column for around $600 plus labor or swap the column for one from a factory Ezgo limo cart. I have one one the shelf for a CC DS that I believe is 1.5" shorter and i think will probably fit. I'll check if your interested. Text me at 360 551-8488.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msirianni View Post
Friends have used a Sanding Block, about $6 at Home Depot fastened to the Accelerator Pedal, it's made of hard rubber and works great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
You can change the steering column out for a early 70's tilt steering column for around $600 plus labor or swap the column for one from a factory Ezgo limo cart. I have one one the shelf for a CC DS that I believe is 1.5" shorter and i think will probably fit. I'll check if your interested. Text me at 360 551-8488.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I’m sorry, it seems like some folks have missed the point. My suggestion would be to have the switches relocated to the lower seat wall. This was a common location on some older carts and may solve your problem. Good luck.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Add blocks to the peddles.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:01 AM

Thank you, RodneyBlue. Everyone was giving ideas about the pedal, you're the only one to address accessing the ignition switch. My wife is 4ft7, cannot reach it, even though we already have a pedal block and she uses a back cushion.
Larry
Old 11-17-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurawilcox View Post
I haven’t used one of the blocks so I can’t attest to the value but there is a vendor at the vendor market that sells them with other golf cart accessories. They should be in Brownwood tonight.
Thanks, I'll look for that vendor
Old 11-17-2022, 11:11 AM

Most of you are recommending a block for the acceleration pedal....that was not even stated as the problem!

Tags
cart, steering, club, column, shorten

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.