Old 08-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Platinum member
Default Golf cart question

Is electric or gas most preferred?
And WHERE did you buy your cart?
Thanks!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Veteran member

Purchased a gas Yamaha from Village Golf Carts located in Colony Plaza. Because of size of The Villages, a gas cart seemed to be a better choice. Picking up cart in early September and have no first experience to this opinion other than recommendations from long time Village residents.
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Sage
Default try these opinions

I hope not to appear arrogant or unhelpful by providing a link instead of my opinion, but start here:

Google results for TOTV age old cart question

Good luck!

PS. If you go to that link, check on what was typed into the search of google. I learned that trick from someone on TOTV years ago as TOTV site's search is a bit ummmm... lame
Old 08-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Sage

I prefer electric over gas powered. The ride is smoother and is quiet. Gas powered smells and sounds like an old lawn mower. Gas does have a much longer range, of course.

You have to ask yourself how far you plan to drive it on a normal day.

I bought my Polaris at Villages Golf Carts.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Thumbs up Carts and Clubs!!!

Check out the gas Yahama carts at Carts and Clubs in Ocala..........
ask for Jeff and tell him Bill referred you.
You MUST see all the features they have on their carts before you buy anywhere!!
Old 08-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Depends on how far you need to drive. I would go electric if you plan on driving 50% or less than its stated range for most days,
Old 08-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Platinum member

Gas carts outnumber electrics by about 5 to 1 in TV. Yes the electrics sound like they are more convenient, but many folks have chronic charging problems. Replacement batteries are very expensive.

The farther away from the center of TV, the lower the cart price for new models.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
I hope not to appear arrogant or unhelpful by providing a link instead of my opinion, but start here:

Google results for TOTV age old cart question

Good luck!

PS. If you go to that link, check on what was typed into the search of google. I learned that trick from someone on TOTV years ago as TOTV site's search is a bit ummmm... lame
Good post. Hopefully the OP will take advantage of it.

Gas versus electric has been an ongoing debate, so it comes down to personal preference.

By the by, I also would refer people to Carts and Clubs.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
Gas carts outnumber electrics by about 5 to 1 in TV. Yes the electrics sound like they are more convenient, but many folks have chronic charging problems. Replacement batteries are very expensive.

The farther away from the center of TV, the lower the cart price for new models.
Where did you get that ratio? That foes not hold true in my area. But then I live on the north side.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Sage

We've lived in TV for almost 7 years and are on our third cart. The first two were electric and our latest is gas. Gas turn out to be the best for us....just get in and drive. The increased square mileage of The Villages was one of the reasons for our choice of a gas golf cart. We bought from Carts and Clubs in Ocala...a good company for sure. I'd not go back to an electric cart, but that just my choice.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmkhut View Post
Check out the gas Yahama carts at Carts and Clubs in Ocala..........
ask for Jeff and tell him Bill referred you.
You MUST see all the features they have on their carts before you buy anywhere!!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:18 PM

I bought 2 gas Yamaha's from Village Golf Carts. The salesman was Dane and they have provided great service.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito711 View Post
I bought 2 gas Yamaha's from Village Golf Carts. The salesman was Dane and they have provided great service.
Bought a new gas Yamaha from Village Golf Carts Spanish Springs. Gary DeLoach has been the greatest...before and after the sale. 5 years warranty with service required once per year to include oil change and overall checkup. Picked up and delivered back to your home the same day.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:02 PM

I just bought a new 2013 Gas Club Car for $6,700 at Cart World Golf Cars on 441/27 just north of 466. . Gas over electric for me because as others have said the size of TV and I didn't want a charger and cable in my garage.

The Bronx/Stamford CT/NewCity NY/Coral Springs FL/Hampton Bays L.I./TV
Old 08-25-2013, 09:35 PM

We own a gas EZ Go and we purchased it used at a private sale found in The Daily Sun. We feel quite fortunate to have found it (well, truth is that my wife found it) and so far so good. We are quite pleased. As everyone stated, it's all personal preference and how much you'll drive the cart and distance. We spoke with multiple friends and gas won out. One friend in particular owned a battery powered cart, replaced batteries and soon after replaced the cart with gas-powered. We found the advantages of a gas cart outweighed it's disadvantages.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.