Golf cart rentals

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Gold member
Default Golf cart rentals

Where/who is the best place to rent a decent speed golf cart for a week?
Old 10-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Where/who is the best place to rent a decent speed golf cart for a week?
when we come down, this is who we use....
• E-mail scottprince@ grandpaandgrandmasvillagebuggies.com
• Scott Prince 352-552-8478
• Vickie Prince 352-552-8454
Very reasonable and nice carts. Delivers to your door
Old 10-13-2010, 12:34 PM

We also used Scott last month and were very pleased with the two carts we received.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Love Jim Followell (352/259-7525). Great service, great carts, reasonable price and all around nice guy.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Platinum member

I agree with Redwitch. Used him last time and his carts have get up and go. Jim Followell is The Man
Old 10-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Gold member
Default carts

Thank you all. I'll call both.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:13 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Love Jim Followell (352/259-7525). Great service, great carts, reasonable price and all around nice guy.
Rented from Jim last year. Great experience.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Gold member
Default Golf Cart Rental Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
Very disappointed with Grandpa and Grandma, especially Grandpa. They are OK as long as nothing goes wrong but when it does be prepared for an investigative inquiry about what you are doing wrong. Our rented cart for which we paid $60.00 for 4 days broke down on the first tee of the golf course. We had to push it back. Called Grandpa and he did not come for 1 1/2 hours leaving us to walk the course. He said "you just have to understand I have other customers too" He eventually delivered another beauty and when I turned on to Canal Street the back wheel seemed like it was about to come off. We drove carefully back but I would not let my pregnant daughter use that cart. Of course Grandpa disputed the claims saying that his carts are perfect and possibly the rear tire looks like in needed air? I and my son-in-law were both in that cart when it began to shake so it is not merely one opinion. Further,I have been driving golf carts for 13 years and this one was in my opinion dangerous but all I got from Grandpa was "Well just how fast were you driving?" Or "you have to go slow around turns" Look! All I wanted was a rental for a few days and I paid a premium from Grandpa because of the recommendations I saw on this forum. I got two bad carts and I would never do business with this guy again. I could almost understand one cart going bad but not two carts and when they do break down I do not want to wait for 1 1/2 hours to get a new one that was also defective. Further, his attitude plain stinks as a businessman you should never try to place the blame on the customer and he does just that. Use him at your own risk. BTW last year we used Jim Fallowell and were well satisfied but we did have to pick up the cart but he was less expensive and we got a better cart.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
Rented from Jim last year. Great experience.
Ditto
Old 10-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
One out of three is true. He does deliver to your door.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Default Southern Cart Works

Was recommended by our villa rental agency.

They are owned by Brian and Leesa Gillette. 352-391-2047.

Easy to talk to over the phone and there was no problem when i requested a cart that would go 23 MPH. (yes I know the limit is 19.6) LOL

They deliver right to your house.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Very disappointed with Grandpa and Grandma, especially Grandpa. They are OK as long as nothing goes wrong but when it does be prepared for an investigative inquiry about what you are doing wrong. Our rented cart for which we paid $60.00 for 4 days broke down on the first tee of the golf course. We had to push it back. Called Grandpa and he did not come for 1 1/2 hours leaving us to walk the course. He said "you just have to understand I have other customers too" He eventually delivered another beauty and when I turned on to Canal Street the back wheel seemed like it was about to come off. We drove carefully back but I would not let my pregnant daughter use that cart. Of course Grandpa disputed the claims saying that his carts are perfect and possibly the rear tire looks like in needed air? I and my son-in-law were both in that cart when it began to shake so it is not merely one opinion. Further,I have been driving golf carts for 13 years and this one was in my opinion dangerous but all I got from Grandpa was "Well just how fast were you driving?" Or "you have to go slow around turns" Look! All I wanted was a rental for a few days and I paid a premium from Grandpa because of the recommendations I saw on this forum. I got two bad carts and I would never do business with this guy again. I could almost understand one cart going bad but not two carts and when they do break down I do not want to wait for 1 1/2 hours to get a new one that was also defective. Further, his attitude plain stinks as a businessman you should never try to place the blame on the customer and he does just that. Use him at your own risk. BTW last year we used Jim Fallowell and were well satisfied but we did have to pick up the cart but he was less expensive and we got a better cart.
The time I used Jim. He dropped it off and picked it up when I left. I advised him that I had no way to pick it up when I rented the cart.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:13 PM

Have used Grandma & Grandpas numerous times as have our fiends. Never any problems.
I would caution against using Reid's Reliable Cart Rental as he is unresponsive to problems as well as some other issues.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:35 PM

jims golf carts 352-259-7525 newer models, enclosures, gears, and pick up/delivery options
Old 06-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Platinum member
Default Golf cart rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by followell View Post
jims golf carts 352-259-7525 newer models, enclosures, gears, and pick up/delivery options
We've rented from Jim Followell 3 times and have been extremely pleased with cost, cart and service!! He tries very hard to meet your needs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.