Golf cart sitting for 6 months

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Red face Golf cart sitting for 6 months

What is the best way to take care of an electric golf cart during the months we are away? It is an older cart but has brand new batteries. The Battery Boys want to sell us more equipment. Is it necessary?
Old 04-02-2014, 12:15 PM

Do you have anyone looking after the house? We use Down Home Property management. $40 a month and every 2 weeks they take the cart out for a run, check the house every week and check the batteries when they run the cart.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahayward65 View Post
What is the best way to take care of an electric golf cart during the months we are away? It is an older cart but has brand new batteries. The Battery Boys want to sell us more equipment. Is it necessary?
Without you telling us "what they want to sell",I am assuming it is a battery minder. If you don't have someone to look after your cart while you are away, then the batteryminder is a very good option. Get the one with the "desulfator" built in.
In "my opinion", $40/month to look after your place and things is a little too high, but piece of mind is worth...??... to you.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Gold member

When I lived UP NORTH I would store my motorcycle for the winter months. I used a good battery tender to keep the battery trickle charged. in the spring my bike started right up with no problems. I made sure the tank was filled with good quality gasoline also.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.