Golf cart sound bar?

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2023, 06:18 AM

Oh great...another cart with music blaring to the surrounding area and forcing others the hear what they don't wish too hear. Why do music enthusiasts feel everyone wants to hear their loud music as they travel about? Asking for a friend...
Old 03-12-2023, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

Just a note music in golf carts is offensive to others, the volume needs to be loud to hear it and frankly I don’t care to hear it. To me it’s likened to a radio at the swimming pool .
Old 03-12-2023, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
Oh great...another cart with music blaring to the surrounding area and forcing others the hear what they don't wish too hear. Why do music enthusiasts feel everyone wants to hear their loud music as they travel about? Asking for a friend...
Some people do it because they know others don't want to hear it.
Old 03-12-2023, 06:45 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Butler View Post
Thinking seriously on one of these. Wonder if anyone here has done it and where they placed it in a Yamaha? Back, Front? What kind did you get?
They are big, the music is behind you, and they can disrupt your view in the mirror. I bought from Villages Golf Cart a Bluetooth system the size of two small side view mirrors. They are screwed into the front side columns, and the wiring runs inside the columns. They let you play whatever you like through your phone. I was very impressed by the sound quality and volume, and quite a bit cheaper than the sound bars.
Old 03-12-2023, 06:59 AM
Default Music

Just a note music in golf carts is offensive to others, the volume needs to be loud to hear it and frankly I don’t care to hear it. To me it’s likened to a radio at the swimming pool .

You must love the squares...
Old 03-12-2023, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
and now we need to address those LIGHT BARS that blind oncoming traffic! Gee whiz who needs that?
I needed it so I bought one. Besides self cancelling turn signals, the light bar was the best accessory I’ve bought for my golf cart.
Old 03-12-2023, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
I haven't heard too many golf carts with loud music....but cars and motorcycles with super loud exhaust annoy the everloving hell out of me. "Look at me, listen to my loud car, I don't care about anybody else!" Irritating the crap out of anybody within a few hundred yards of them all of the time everywhere they go.

Thanks for listening

Joe
Old 03-12-2023, 07:33 AM
Veteran member
Default Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 View Post
A good portable bluetooth speaker is all you need . You do not need a smart BT speaker . Your smart phone will only be a foot away . Shop for good sound and battery life . I charge mine every 3 to 4 weeks . I put the speaker on the charger when I golf(no sound) and then I am good for 3 to 4 weeks .
I removed top of dash, one screw under small Yamaha emblem. I installed an USB outlet, drilled a small hole on bottom of dash to align with plug of my Bose unit. Then I velcroed it under dash. Paired to Pandora. Works great and stays charged

Last edited by Larchap49; 03-12-2023 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 03-12-2023, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thinking seriously on one of these. Wonder if anyone here has done it and where they placed it in a Yamaha? Back, Front? What kind did you get?
I run an Exogear 500w unit, I mounted behind the seats using the roof mounts. Yes I had to make a custom bracket, but that was extremely quick and easy. my phone connects via BT and becomes the sound source. Easy wiring, etc. We love the unit
Old 03-12-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I use ear buds, better sound and go wherever I go without anyone having to listen. And to those who say you don’t have to blast the volume on the speakers in my opinion they have no idea how far that sound travels.

Last edited by grumpy@turton.us; 03-12-2023 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-12-2023, 09:26 AM

We purchased a base rechargeable speaker and it worked great. Love our Bose speakers.
Old 03-12-2023, 09:31 AM

Do I need to say anymore? Everybody will be happy if you wear these.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	0x0.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	97385  
Old 03-12-2023, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Interesting. Now While I do value opinions, I will say the intent is to have a speaker setup that I can enjoy, not necessarily BOOM it but something entertaining (Lights as well) including the reduced issue of having to worry about someone grabbing the portable speaker (I didn't spring for the locking glove box option). @ElDiabloJoe, I like that look, thought I think due to the backup mirror/Backup Camera, I think it may work best in the back for me.
I bought a Ecoxgear sound bar from Amazon. Installation I did myself, probably the easiest installation I have ever done. The mounting brackets that come with it require drilling to mount on your cart, but I found a mount for it that is made specifically for my Yamaha Drive2, allows you to bolt it using the bolts on your cart that hold your roof on. I bolted it in the rear of my cart. The bar has a light the length of the bar on the back so you can use it as an extra tail light. Also has lights in the speakers. You have the option of changing the light colors or not using the lights at all. The Bluetooth feature works flawlessly. It has great sound and plenty of volume. Before I bought this I did what many suggested and used a portable JBL speaker. Sound quality was Ok at best. As far as worrying about someone stealing it? Highly unlikely since it is bolted in with 4 bolts that hold your top on. I would not leave my cart out over night, but I never did that before I installed the sound bar. It is of course pricier than a portable speaker but you get what you pay for. Again the sound quality is like night and day compared to a small portable speaker. It also comes with a remote. I love mine. I link it up with my iPhone and my music playlist. Again installation is a piece of cake, just 3 wires, pos neg and a ground wire. The wiring harness also has a fuse in line and it’s plenty long enough to reach your battery.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:18 AM
Default Why??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.butler View Post
thinking seriously on one of these. Wonder if anyone here has done it and where they placed it in a yamaha? Back, front? What kind did you get?
how about a set of headphones instead of blasting noise and disturbing everyone?? Why do you require that much attention?
Old 03-12-2023, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRICHARD View Post
how about a set of headphones instead of blasting noise and disturbing everyone?? Why do you require that much attention?
Wearing headphones while driving is dangerous.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, kind, front, back, yamaha

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.