Golf cart speed

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Sage

Bill
Old 12-01-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
Unfortunately, that doesn’t always work out either. Two years ago, an Allstate agent in Leesburg was issuing off-road vehicle insurance policies to owners of low speed vehicles that were in fact being registered. How that slipped by the DMV is a mystery to me but once Allstate found out, they put an immediate stop to it. Those LSV’s (which can legally go up to 25mph must now be insured and registered with a standard auto policy to the tune of $500.

I ought to know because I was one of those customers.
No way of knowing, but one wonders what would have happened if you had an accident.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
Your continuing posts reaffirm the last sentence in my previous post.

Thanks for the reassurance!
I'm wondering why it's necessary to be so acerbic. Sounds like you think that after YOU post, no one else should dare to voice an opinion.

I'm hoping I'm wrong.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Default I'm so happy...

to have read about altering golf cart speed & the Allstate agent's remark! I only wanted to go 18 MPH instead of 16 MPH, but would rather go slower than to negate my insurance!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:54 AM

Perhaps another way to look at this is that we all drive golf carts that have been altered to go faster. I think standard golf cart speed is 14 mph or thereabouts. Most of the ones converted and sold in TV have had high speed gears installed and the governors adjusted (or whatever it is they do) to bring the speed up to just under 20mph in order for them to still be in compliance with state law. If they are capable of going faster than that, regardless of whether or not you drive them faster, they are no longer considered to be golf carts, which is why they are governed at just under 20 mph.

I know this won't help convince the naysayers, but for those of us who are just trying to conform with the law, maybe it will help a bit.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:36 PM

To answer your question as to why we use multi mogul paths is simple. We do it to get where we want to go. For example the one along 466. No other reasonable way to get west of Morse Road.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Sage

This thread is over 10 months old, hadawayj.

Bill
Old 10-28-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
You cannot access it on line. It's a publication of TV Homeowners Association. It was inserted into todays paper. (I don't think they have on line access)
You can access "The Village Voice" here: http://www.thevha.net/Village_Voice/oct2011.pdf. It's part of "The Homeowners Association" web site.
Manchester, CT - 35 Years
Wilmington, NC - 3 Years,
Putnam, CT - 6 Years
The Villages - Village of Belle Aire 2 Years
The Villages - Village of Charlotte

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/k...00PIXalt-1.jpg
Old 10-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Email Reported As Spam

How did this thread get resurrected with this previous post?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Maybe that last golf cart wreck prompted this clampdown.

"Back to the other hand, I would also like them to hand out tickets for carts that can only go 13 MPH" I wonder if there is a lower limit at which they can ticket you. If not, "merrily ? we creep along.
I have rented golf carts at the golf cart store downtown and those rental carts are very slow and that is not the drivers fault. To give someone a ticket because he is driving a rental cart which is slow by design would be totally unfair.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Gold member

I had a motor go bad in my 27 MPH cart and had it replaced with one that gos about 20 to 22 wide open. I must say that I truly enjoy it more at the slower speed. I get passed allot now, but can smell the roses better.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:21 PM

After reading all of the above comments, as well as other topics in "Talk of the Villages" I realize what a wise man (my dad) once told me...." Never get in a discussion about politics or religion... you'll never change the other person's opinion" BUT I would like to add three more topics that pertain to The Villages. GOLF CARTS ... DOGS ... AND GUNS. It would be nice if we could agree to disagree in a more civil manner...... we don't have much time left folks, wouldn't it be nicer if it was spent in harmony. I thought The Villages was supposed to be "Florida's Friendliest Hometown"
Old 03-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villager II View Post
I had a motor go bad in my 27 MPH cart and had it replaced with one that gos about 20 to 22 wide open. I must say that I truly enjoy it more at the slower speed. I get passed allot now, but can smell the roses better.
VII: I had the same experience. In fact with two people in the cart, could the motor would overheat and come to an abrupt halt after. Replaced it with a new motor, stay within the speed limit and can travel 20 or so miles without the voltage meter leaving the charged portion of the meter .

So let them pass me I meet them at the next stop.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.