golf cart stutters

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2023, 07:50 AM
Default golf cart stutters

my 48 v electric golf cart stutters on acceleration, had new batteries put in and it still stutters, they say its in the wiring and they dont know, can anybody help with ideas, i called all the services they ,cant see me for 3 weeks

dale330@verizon.net 352 205 6229
Old 11-11-2023, 07:58 AM

You dont state brand, but chances are good motor brushes would be the culprit. Its normally a simple test drive to determine if thats the issue.
Were the batteries checked before replacement?
Old 11-11-2023, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Same thing has happened with my Club Car Precedent. The first time, the guy said it was the volt regulator. Over $100 later and it worked great. For a few days. Next time, he said nah it's the motor brushes. Over $100 later and it worked fine - for a couple of weeks. It's happening again. I'm of the uneducated opinion that there's some kind of electricity problem going on. When I step on the gas, some signal is mis-firing between the gas pedal and the motor.

But what do I know - I'm just the idiot who shelled out around $300 to a guy who knew better than I do and didn't fix it.
Old 11-11-2023, 10:23 AM
Default Mcor ??

You may want to Google "Golf Cart MCOR". I also have researched and found that when I haven't used my Club Car Precedent for a while, you have to press the "gas" a few time to wake up the computer....then it should operate ok. A site to peruse... buggiesgonewild.com/
Old 11-11-2023, 11:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

I would be looking at the accelerator pedal, there is a sensor that controls speed. I would be looking very carefully at all of the wires and connections, and possibly the actual sensor, depending on the on the type used. As noted above you did not state the age, make, etc., so I am guessing a lot. A new sensor should be relatively cheap, and I would expect relatively easy to install. This where I would start.
Old 11-11-2023, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Same thing has happened with my Club Car Precedent. The first time, the guy said it was the volt regulator. Over $100 later and it worked great. For a few days. Next time, he said nah it's the motor brushes. Over $100 later and it worked fine - for a couple of weeks. It's happening again. I'm of the uneducated opinion that there's some kind of electricity problem going on. When I step on the gas, some signal is mis-firing between the gas pedal and the motor.

But what do I know - I'm just the idiot who shelled out around $300 to a guy who knew better than I do and didn't fix it.
Someone went into your motor and changed brushes for 100 dollars? That could be an issue. You dont have a voltage regulator, so Im not sure what that repair was, If it was an MCOR-they are not 100 dollars either. Its time to find a better tech.
Old 11-11-2023, 03:48 PM

If it is a MCOR issue, any good tech should have been able to figure that out in less than 5 minutes. I would be surprised that the misdiagnoses would be batteries.
Old 11-11-2023, 09:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

I used not sure why I can't post the name of the thing. It was cart fixer (all one word)
Closed Thread

Tags
stutters, golf, cart, ideas, called

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.