Golf Cart tire lifespan

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2023, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I disagree, manufacturer know what max tire pressure should be on what the tire made for. 10” trailer tires which say 35 psi max on side is tire. 35 psi too high pressure IMO for golf cart. It will wear out middle of tire. Cause only the middle supporting the weight.

So, you’re the expert what do you recommend tire pressure on golf car with 10” trailer tires installed on golf cart.
This question has been asked before and received every possible tire pressure, everyone was an expert. Im not here to teach golf car repair but rather inform and let the consumer decide on what is best for them.
I know, for a fact, that a 205x65x10 tire will not wear out the middle if set at 35 psi, I work on 1000s a year, customer would complain, instead they praise that their tires last so long.
Its your cart, you do whats best for you.
Old 08-28-2023, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,942 Times in 2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
This question has been asked before and received every possible tire pressure, everyone was an expert. Im not here to teach golf car repair but rather inform and let the consumer decide on what is best for them.
I know, for a fact, that a 205x65x10 tire will not wear out the middle if set at 35 psi, I work on 1000s a year, customer would complain, instead they praise that their tires last so long.
Its your cart, you do whats best for you.

That’s good cause nearly nobody inflates them on golf cart to 35 PSI. That’s only the MAX pressure the tire manufacture recommendations. Most customers don’t have clue and you know that.
Old 08-28-2023, 08:19 PM

Quote:
That’s good cause nearly nobody inflates them on golf cart to 35 PSI. That’s only the MAX pressure the tire manufacture recommendations. Most customers don’t have clue and you know that.
There are those that put their tire pressures at 35.

Im wondering who runs there automobile tire pressures 30 percent below what it says on the side wall.....Ill wait..
Old 08-29-2023, 10:47 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

My neighbor just bought 4 brand new golf cart tires WITH NEW RIMS off Amazon, delivered for $50 a wheel. Changed them himself in hardly any time with a scissors jack. Very easy. Just another option to consider. He is very pleased and they look great.
Old 08-29-2023, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie9075 View Post
I am starting this post in the hope that we can all benefit from sharing data about golf cart tire lifespan.

I am inviting Villagers to share their data about golf cart tire lifespan, either in miles or hours and cart type so we may all better understand tire lifespan. Perhaps together we can determine what is average for the various carts. Perhaps there will even be a standout.

I have worn out my OEM Yamaha tires at 182.5 hours. This equates to about 3700 miles of Village driving. They are/were LoadStars.
Interesting in that my 2017 Yamaha cart has almost 600 hours on it and the tires are half worn. Tire pressure at a consistent 22 lbs. is the key. Just to add, I also have a 2011 Yamaha with the ORIGINAL tires that I am just now replacing. Both are the 10-inch Loadstars. Terrific trailer tires for a golfcart!
Old 08-30-2023, 08:37 AM
Default Is this too much PSI

Quote:
Now I am worried that I have too much PSI in our tires.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	tirea.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	99989  
Old 08-30-2023, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
My neighbor just bought 4 brand new golf cart tires WITH NEW RIMS off Amazon, delivered for $50 a wheel. Changed them himself in hardly any time with a scissors jack. Very easy. Just another option to consider. He is very pleased and they look great.
Must of been 8 inch’ers?
Old 08-30-2023, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
There are those that put their tire pressures at 35.

Im wondering who runs there automobile tire pressures 30 percent below what it says on the side wall.....Ill wait..

Golf carts weigh less and don’t go down the road at 80 mph plus. The car manufacturer determines tire pressure. The tire manufacturer determines max pressure. But you knew that right.
Old 08-30-2023, 09:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsnave View Post
So you got bad back?
Old 08-30-2023, 12:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
Great price. Wheels alone, on most new carts are in the $600 range
Old 08-30-2023, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Golf carts weigh less and don’t go down the road at 80 mph plus. The car manufacturer determines tire pressure. The tire manufacturer determines max pressure. But you knew that right.
Oh my bad....

Well, then I guess we need to run our bicycles tires, motorcycle tires, wheel barrow tires all at 30 percent below what the tire manufacturers recommend or does it only apply to golf cars? Again, Ill wait
Old 08-30-2023, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsnave View Post
No, you should run it soft like that, its good for the tire and if its electric, it doesnt drag the batteries down or anything...looks good.
Old 08-30-2023, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

The problem with the proper PSI for golf carts is that they have more than one use. If someone doesn’t golf, and drives their cart exclusively on pavement, then 35 PSI would be the way to go. If one uses their cart exclusively for golf and drives mostly on turf, the low 20’s would be more appropriate. Many Villagers compromise for the different uses by airing up to 28 - 30 PSI. My ATV that I ride up north in the woods over rocks and through mud and snow is optimal with 3.5 PSI for that type of terrain. It is recommended that cars up north run during the spring, summer, and fall at or near the maximum rated PSI for the tires, but that the PSI is dropped to about 22 - 24 when driving in snow during the winter for better traction. When I air down the tires on my truck and put it in 4WD to oversand (drive on the soft sand beaches) at Race Point in Cape Cod, I go to 11 PSI. They have air compressors at the exit point so people can fill their tires back up before hitting the road. The point is, optimal tire PSI depends on what conditions the vehicle is navigating. There is no “one size fits all”.

Last edited by tophcfa; 08-30-2023 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:40 AM
Default Tire Pressure gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie9075 View Post
I am starting this post in the hope that we can all benefit from sharing data about golf cart tire lifespan.

I am inviting Villagers to share their data about golf cart tire lifespan, either in miles or hours and cart type so we may all better understand tire lifespan. Perhaps together we can determine what is average for the various carts. Perhaps there will even be a standout.

I have worn out my OEM Yamaha tires at 182.5 hours. This equates to about 3700 miles of Village driving. They are/were LoadStars.
======================================
I've had my cart 4 years and tread still good. As with all tire wear, good tire pressure is important. I bought (on Amazon) valve stem tire pressure gauges (lowest they had was 26 lbs) normally used on cars. This makes it very easy to check the pressure by just walking around the cart - green good - yellow time to add air - red really time to add air. I also have a rechargable hand held tire inflator where I can set the amount of air and just turn on and it turns off when that pressure is reached - very easy.
Old 08-31-2023, 10:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Oh my bad....

Well, then I guess we need to run our bicycles tires, motorcycle tires, wheel barrow tires all at 30 percent below what the tire manufacturers recommend or does it only apply to golf cars? Again, Ill wait

I take it back, don’t know that.
Closed Thread

Tags
tire, cart, lifespan, golf, hours

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.