Golf Cart Turn Signals

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2023, 12:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhope View Post
I bought a refurbished to like new 2020 Yamaha golf cart from The Villages Golf Carts about eleven months ago. All was fine until late last year when the turn signals would flash both left and right like emergency flashers when the left turn signal was selected. It was an intermittent problem that would continue for several days at a time. I've had it checked four times now and the turn signal controls have been replaced three times. I took it in again for the fourth time last Friday and some pinched wires were found and repaired and the mirrors replaced. Monday, yesterday while returning from the driving range they started flashing both signals again when I selected a left turn. I drove the cart all the way back to Magnolia Plaza with the left turn signal on and they would stop and restart several times by the time I got there, sometimes flashing very rapidly. Will be scheduling another appointment today to have it looked at. My question is, has anyone else had this problem and if so what was done to fix it? After the last fix it only took three days for it to malfunction again. Thanks in advance.
Check the bulbs.
Old 05-31-2023, 11:01 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Once again our Village tinker to the rescue, who should get some award from TOTV for best member for sure!!
Definitely agree, this is the kind and gentle type of back and forth TOTV USED to be before the insults and name calling, and insults to the religion of others began... also the "mocking" the the snide little "inside jokes". For years The Tinker has helped so many of us !
Old 06-01-2023, 09:33 AM
Veteran member

Not to be redundant, but I agree that the villagetinker is the kind of member/neighbor that all of us wish we had. VT, thank you for your always-helpful and friendly contributions to this site.
Old 06-01-2023, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
Well, it wasn't the same problem, but I had an issue with the turn signals on our cart a few years ago that I was able to trace back to the wiring that runs up the square tubing frame that the mirrors are mounted on. When installers drill holes into the tubing, there can be pretty sharp burrs left on the inside edges of the holes which can scrape or wear through the insulation off the wires to the mirrors. This could cause a short or ground & that's exactly what had happened in my case. I ended up pulling the wiring back down, drilling the holes larger, deburring them & installing rubber grommets that would protect the wires when I pulled them back up.
Great bit of troubleshooting!
Old 06-01-2023, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhope View Post
I bought a refurbished to like new 2020 Yamaha golf cart from The Villages Golf Carts about eleven months ago. All was fine until late last year when the turn signals would flash both left and right like emergency flashers when the left turn signal was selected. It was an intermittent problem that would continue for several days at a time. I've had it checked four times now and the turn signal controls have been replaced three times. I took it in again for the fourth time last Friday and some pinched wires were found and repaired and the mirrors replaced. Monday, yesterday while returning from the driving range they started flashing both signals again when I selected a left turn. I drove the cart all the way back to Magnolia Plaza with the left turn signal on and they would stop and restart several times by the time I got there, sometimes flashing very rapidly. Will be scheduling another appointment today to have it looked at. My question is, has anyone else had this problem and if so what was done to fix it? After the last fix it only took three days for it to malfunction again. Thanks in advance.
I sent you a private message, VT.
Old 06-01-2023, 10:44 AM

We had a similar problem with our cart from Carts and Clubs in Ocala. They replaced that module and all is well. Covered by the warranty.
Old 06-02-2023, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeint View Post
Great bit of troubleshooting!
Thanks!
Old 06-02-2023, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYCAT View Post
I love hearing about anything that connects “electric”, “vehicle” and the word PROBLEM. Seems to be that we are seeing more and more of those words being connected to one another.
Old 06-03-2023, 12:10 PM

Since the issue only happens on a left turn...Thats where the problem lies. As as someone else stated, if extra lights are put through the frame tube, a sharp edge, cut wire, etc is usually the culprit. Crazy that the villages put 3 turn signal switches in they should have learned after the first 2 for sure.
The turn signal modules are very sensitive as they are not protected from any kind of short and will wipe the module out in a heart beat and the only way to fix....is to replace. I see many DIYers short the modules out when doing electrical work on their carts. Be careful.
Old 07-27-2023, 09:38 AM
Default Solved

I hope you have this all sorted out but there is always the Ol' standby if not.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	turn.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	99468  
Old 07-27-2023, 02:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYCAT View Post
I love hearing about anything that connects “electric”, “vehicle” and the word PROBLEM. Seems to be that we are seeing more and more of those words being connected to one another.
Aren’t blinkers always electric?
Old 07-27-2023, 07:21 PM

Sounds like its an aftermarket turn signal switch.
Ive seen this before and its in the turn signal switch itself. The Aftermarket stuff is not very good.
Closed Thread

Tags
turn, left, signal, time, times

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.