Golf Cart World

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
That's a good question. Here's an invention. How hard could it be to invent cruise control for a golf cart? Set it at 20 and forget it.
At the very least an audible or blinking light could go on at 20 mph.
Not hard at all. However, all the engineers are still busy on the self cancelling turn signals. So this one will have to wait.

BTW, my Club Car has a speedometer that always shows between 19 and 20. It used to go 25 when it was an LSV, but had to have it dialed back. I believe the controller has only three settings, 14 <20 and >20. They can't dial in a specific speed.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:06 PM

I unfortunately just bought a cart from CW. When I first got it, it rattled so bad that I called them on it. Come to find out, they did not set the RPM's correctly and it exceeded 20mph. That's when they informed me that it had to be set at 19.2 even though the speed limit is 20! If I would've known this prior to the purchase, I would've NEVER bought a cart from them. I know am poking along, holding up traffic, being flipped off and yelled at on the golf cart path only because I cannot go the speed limit! I too am very unhappy with cart world ~ and the cart still rattles!!! I too am not asking to go over 20 but I do want to go at 20! I agree, not happy at all and not enjoying my 1 month old cart that is brand new and unfortunately was not cheap! and most of the time it will only get to 18...

Last edited by xcaligirl; 10-30-2015 at 09:08 PM. Reason: left something out
Old 10-30-2015, 09:49 PM

If your cart has the capacity to go over 20mph you can & will be ticketed, regardless of whether you actually were going over the limit.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Please explain how you will be ticketed if you never exceed the speed limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barboza View Post
If your cart has the capacity to go over 20mph you can & will be ticketed, regardless of whether you actually were going over the limit.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:25 AM
Platinum member

If you drive 10 miles in a golf cart (which is a pretty long ride for most of us) at a speed of 19.2 MPH rather than 20 MPH, and your speed never varies from start to finish of your trip, you will arrive at your destination in approximately one minute and 12 seconds slower. That's probably about the time it took me to type this reply.

It's safer for all of us. It's legal. It uses less gas or electricity, thus saves you money. And the difference it makes in life is very small. Notice I did not say trivial, or menial, or insignificant because those words are judgmental, and the OP has to decide what he or she wants in life, but is that really worth the anguish?

Tags
speed, cart, gcw, mph, calibrated, legal, owner, letter, imagine, club, car, purchased, tamper, safety, reply, patronizing, return, imho, condescending, lecturing, service, motor, poor, specific, concluded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.