GREAT Steering Wheel Covers

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Thumbs up GREAT Steering Wheel Covers

I recently found a great product for my cart. This guy has made custom fit steering wheel covers out of Leather. His add was in the paper I called. He came the next day and installed this beautiful leather cover. Custom stitched and a nice LOGO at the top. I was tired of ruining my pants and shirts with black marks from the wheel. I looked at the fuzzy ones first but thought in the summer they would become a mess. This was $24 flat and installed. The fuzzy ones I seen were $20. For the $4 Leather is the way to go. Now the wheel feels like my Streetrod wheel. Call Bud 352-566-6500 or Golf-steer.com Enjoy I know I am
Old 01-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best2bgolfing View Post
I recently found a great product for my cart. This guy has made custom fit steering wheel covers out of Leather. His add was in the paper I called. He came the next day and installed this beautiful leather cover. Custom stitched and a nice LOGO at the top. I was tired of ruining my pants and shirts with black marks from the wheel. I looked at the fuzzy ones first but thought in the summer they would become a mess. This was $24 flat and installed. The fuzzy ones I seen were $20. For the $4 Leather is the way to go. Now the wheel feels like my Streetrod wheel. Call Bud 352-566-6500 or Golf-steer.com Enjoy I know I am
I called that number and the message I got was that the phone is not in service. However, on their ad they gave the location of the company in Oxford that sells those covers. I ordered a tan one which I believe, with shipping & handling was around $26. When I was playing golf yesterday I noticed the guy I was playing with had a new steering wheel cover which is like the cover I bought. He said they are available at Market of Marion which I did not know. I believe he paid $24.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 01-09-2011, 03:18 PM

Par Car?
Old 01-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
I called that number and the message I got was that the phone is not in service...

John.... Just called the number above and talked to Bud. He's coming to my home to install a cover at 9:30 tomorrow morning. $24 installed as posted above.

At any rate, the number is a good number, so you might want to try it again...

Mike
Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Just installed.....

Larry just stopped by my home and installed the steering wheel cover.... It looks and feels great.

The Villages Florida

Call the number above, if you're interested. He has several different colors.

Mike
Old 01-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
John.... Just called the number above and talked to Bud. He's coming to my home to install a cover at 9:30 tomorrow morning. $24 installed as posted above.

At any rate, the number is a good number, so you might want to try it again...

Mike
Mike - I ordered online so I will install it myself. Can't quite figure why I got that phone message regarding the line being out of service. Maybe I dialed the wrong number.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

2 points, 1) it is made of leather-like material per their web site, 2) if you order over the web with shipping and tax cost is $27....gn
Old 01-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
2 points, 1) it is made of leather-like material per their web site, 2) if you order over the web with shipping and tax cost is $27....gn
Nice thing about calling Larry.... He will come to your house and install the cover personally for $24. I my case, I wasn't exactly sure which color would look best with my cart and the interior seat colors. Larry put on a couple different covers, so I could decide the best combination.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I know I payed more but I can live with the $3.00. BTW I got the black cover and it looks great. However I guess I'm anal retentive because the metal label on the top of the wheel is not exactly in the middle of the wheel, just a little bit off. I'm certainly not going to reinstall.

John

Old 01-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
I know I payed more but I can live with the $3.00. BTW I got the black cover and it looks great. However I guess I'm anal retentive because the metal label on the top of the wheel is not exactly in the middle of the wheel, just a little bit off. I'm certainly not going to reinstall.

John
Ha ha.... That kind of stuff drives me nuts! I was at the Audi dealer, last week, to have my car serviced. In the waiting room, there was a picture on the wall that was hanging crooked. I could only take it for about 15 minutes and I had to get up and straighten it.

I feel your pain brother....
Old 01-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

jrheydt, what is involved in the install? gn
Old 01-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
jrheydt, what is involved in the install? gn
I'm pretty sure there is an easier way but I started at the top of the steering wheel putting the front on and then stretching the back to go on the back of the wheel and then worked around the whole wheel doing the same thing. Because the tolerance is so tight it requires some effort to get the back on. I was advised not to use any tools which I didn't use. However at the end I used a golf cart pencil (back end) to push the back part of the cover on the back of the wheel.

I hope this is not too confusing. It probably took me about 20 minutes to install.

John

Old 05-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Location: 1859 SAYBROOK WAY- WINIFRED VILLAGE. NORTH OF PALMER COUNTRY CLUB ON BUENA VISTA BLVD.
Send a message via ICQ to Prof

what number did you call? Carl @ (cell) 609-221-0608. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlcalliari View Post
what number did you call? Carl @ (cell) 609-221-0608. Thanks.
?

Thread is over a year old.......

Bill
Old 05-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I bought the exact cover about a year ago with my Yamaha from the LSL dealer. They have them hanging on the showroom wall for $27.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.