Hi Speed motor in Club Car Precedent?

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Veteran member
Default Hi Speed motor in Club Car Precedent?

I have a 2008 CC Precedent that goes 19.6 mph on the flat and slows up a couple of mph going up hills. I'm thinking about replacing the CC motor (but not the motor controller) with a high speed motor to pick up a few mph - mainly going up hills. I'm not after a lot of speed!

A bit more information!
The dealer is going to use a 3.5hp motor to replace the CC 3.2 HP motor. I know it doesn't sound like much but he had 4 carts at his shop, 3 CC DS with the 3.5hp motor and one CC Precedent exactly stock like mine. We ran them down the road together and the 3.5hp versions clearly out ran the stock version. I also checked each with a GPS and the High Speed motor version ran 3 to 6 mph faster. Cost is $550.

I'm wondering if anyone has had this done to a CC Precedent and if they have been satisfied or anything else I should be aware of?
Old 08-01-2009, 10:58 AM

CAUTION, If your cart exceeds 19.9 MPH it is considered by law, a moter vehicle. If you want your cart to run faster then 19.9 mph it has to be registered and insured just like your car. Some folks found out the hard way when they got caught speeding (over 20MPH) they got tickets not only for speeding, but also for operating an un-registered moter vehicle. Remember, Sales people are only interested in selling. They should have told you about this.
Closed Thread

Tags
hi speed, motor, precedent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.