How do you speed up your club car?

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2013, 11:43 AM

Do a google search for speed code 5 there is a YouTube video on installing one.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsoonenough View Post
I don't live in TV (Yet, hope to some day) but I bought a 05 Club Car and would like to speed it up a little. Not real fast but closer to 19 mph than it is now. It is electric.
Is it a governor that keeps the speed down or am I going to have to change a lot of things to get more speed.
EB
When I first moved to TV in 2011 I, like you, wanted to jazz up my cart to "go faster." I then attended the Golf Cart Safety Clinic that the VCDD puts on periodically. Various people spoke ... including the Deputy Sheriff, an Insurance Agent and an Attorney. Here's the gist of what they said:

If you modify your non-street legal cart to exceed 20 mph, and you are involved in an accident with property damage or personal injuries, the very first thing law enforcement checks is whether you've illegally modified the cart. If that is the case, several things then happen.

1. Your warranty on the cart is voided.
2. Your liability insurance (if you were smart enough to carry some) is also voided by most companies
3. You are now a juicy target for the numerous personal injury lawyers that practice in FL, and the chances very high that you will lose the lawsuit

In addition, if there's evidence you were speeding (ie > 20mph)at the time, you will get a citation for driving an unregistered vehicle and then get to personally explain why you did this to the judge in Bushnell. He has heard this story numerous times and is reputed to be most unsympathetic.

After I thought about these factors, the financial risk in particular, I decided to stick with my 19.5 mph cart.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Veteran member

You could mount JATO bottles on the back. When you are late for your tee time or otherwise feel the need for speed, hit the button... <tongue firmly in cheek>
Old 10-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayMan View Post
Interested in the speed magnet...please call me at (786) 326-9375 or please provide me a number I can contact you at. Look forward to hearing from you soon.... Ray
Click on his name which then will give you a link to his homepage. All the information is there.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Veteran member

If I'm not mistaken, more than 25 could get you in trouble with the law if there were an accident.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
If I'm not mistaken, more than 25 could get you in trouble with the law if there were an accident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Various people spoke ... including the Deputy Sheriff, an Insurance Agent and an Attorney. Here's the gist of what they said: If you modify your non-street legal cart to exceed 20 mph, and you are involved in an accident with property damage or personal injuries, the very first thing law enforcement checks is whether you've illegally modified the cart.
As TexaninVA explained, there are many negative implications associated with "jazzing up your cart".
Old 10-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdV View Post
I was able to compensate for that by installing Disraeli Gears.
Would you need a SWLABR to install correctly?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.