How do you speed up your club car?

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Default How do you speed up your club car?

I don't live in TV (Yet, hope to some day) but I bought a 05 Club Car and would like to speed it up a little. Not real fast but closer to 19 mph than it is now. It is electric.
Is it a governor that keeps the speed down or am I going to have to change a lot of things to get more speed.
EB
Old 05-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Default Club Card Speed

A governor refers to a cart powered by a gasoline motor. Your electric has very little that can be done unless you change gears and electric engine.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsoonenough View Post
I don't live in TV (Yet, hope to some day) but I bought a 05 Club Car and would like to speed it up a little. Not real fast but closer to 19 mph than it is now. It is electric.
Is it a governor that keeps the speed down or am I going to have to change a lot of things to get more speed.
EB
//*** AJ is not a golf cart expert, but enjoys working on electric carts ***//

What kind of cart, i.e. model? Do you have the serial number?

How fast does it go now? Do you simply feel it is slow or have you used a GPS to measure the actual speed.

Need to assess if it plods along at 13 or it is 17-18? If it is 17-18 it could be battery strength, tire pressure, brake drag, etc.

If 13ish it could be a controller adjustment at the dealer...
Old 05-03-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
EB
Don't know about the DS model but the Precedent has four speed codes that can be set (by the dealer at about $100). The highest is speed code 4, which requires a clearance from Club Car because of the liability issue, that allows a speed of 19 MPH. If you want anything higher you have to buy an aftermarket motor such as Plum Quick which costs about $350, not including installation. This disables the regen on the motor, changes the internals of the motor and allows speeds in the mid 20's, depending on battery strength.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Taltarzac
Default This is probably not a good idea for The Villages' roads.

Check this "golf cart" out. It reaches almost 90 m.p.h. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w5AYEa284w[/ame]

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-03-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:11 PM

I can't tell you how fast it goes yet because I have not picked it up yet. I had it delivered to my daughters house and will pick it up this weekend. My daughter and son-in-law did kind of a test by driving next to it and it was going about 10 mph. That seems slow. The batteries were replace in 08 but I don't know what kind or voltage for that matter. The cart was at a golfcourse in Conn. before I bought it from Tomball golf carts in Texas. I guess they get them at aution. It looks new in the pictures and my daughter thought it was new when they delivered it.
I have a 90 warranty so if there is something wrong I have a little time.
I will report back after this weekend when I pick it to see if I jumped the gun on needing more speed or what.
Thanks
EB

UPDATED
I just got the ser# PQ0537548663 48V 2005 Club Car Precedent w/ 08 batteries.

Last edited by notsoonenough; 05-03-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Updated information
Old 05-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Default speed up your golf cart

If you change the picus on the modat to interact with the joinder it will cause the gearat to spin at a higher gribal which in turn will give you additional spherocity causing the gearmode to turn at a greater ratio. If you do all of that, I can not be responsible for your speeding ticket.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:20 PM

The problem is mine has one of the older disgronifracators and will not allow any extra spherocity without adding an additional modat module. And as we all know they don't give those modats away cheap!!
EB
Old 05-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
The problem is mine has one of the older disgronifracators and will not allow any extra spherocity without adding an additional modat module. And as we all know they don't give those modats away cheap!! EB
You're in luck. My husband has some modat modules he removed from his motorcycle. Just PM me, they're free.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
If you change the picus on the modat to interact with the joinder it will cause the gearat to spin at a higher gribal .......
I was able to compensate for that by installing Disraeli Gears.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:49 AM

I thought about Disraeli Gears but I would like to use all american made parts.
EB

Side note: That was a good album!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Default Golf Carts

There are some after market devices to make your electric cart go faster: an afterburner, solid fuel dehydrator, spent fuel rods, and a bottle of 151 Rum.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:39 AM

Judging from the last several posts, somebody's bar bill at 'Happy Hour' last night was 'way too high. reminds me of 3 AM conversations after closing.
- Irving Kristol
Old 05-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Veteran member

Someone has been smoking mushrooms!!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:15 PM

I resemble that remark!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.