How old of a pre owned golf cart?

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2020, 05:37 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgettinger01 View Post
I bought a 2011 Yamaha gas golf cart from The Villages Golf Carts because I was on a budget. They serviced it and guaranteed it. I have had no problems. The problem is the web site does show The inventory or prices or years. They sales people can sort by price and year. I called back every few days and asked for the cheapest and oldest. I found one in good condition in about ten days for $5,300 out the door. Sometimes you have to go to different stores to see them. The service on mine included oil change, high speed gear, tires, windshield, wheels... It includes a loaner.
Depending when you bought it the price seems high
Old 12-10-2020, 05:45 PM
Sage

Regarding golf cart engine life, it will depend a lot on maintenance. Yamaha does warranty their golf cart engines for 5000 hours if you use Yamalube and follow their maintenance schedule. For most people, this will be around 80K miles. I doubt many people will keep a cart that long but the message is that I doubt engine life will be an issue if you do the recommended maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I figured for me that was ONLY 30 years. I golf cart I read the engine life of the gas Yamaha is about 40,000 miles.
We use ours 12 months a year.
Old 12-10-2020, 06:05 PM

We have 2 Par Car golf carts. 2014 and 2016 (No longer being made.) Couple of comments.
1) Both carts look like they are new. I live in Osceola Hills and drive to the courses at the North end of TV and never have had a problem. But...I don't have a stereo or a heater which will reduce the range.
2) While I replaced with the batteries on the 2014 cart with lead acid, I will probably go with lithium in the future.
3) When looking at electric carts, buy one that is 48 volt system. Some of the older ones were 36 volt systems and don't have the power and the distance of a 48 volt system - which is why the lore often says that electric carts don't have the ability to go the distance.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 12-12-2020, 07:11 PM

I have a 1999 electric Club Car. A mechanic told me that 1995-2000 were the best years for Club Cars. He also said if you have a problem they are worth fixing and the parts are getting cheaper. You can keep them forever (figure of speech I would imagine). I agree. I later bought a 2001 electric Club Car as a second golf cart. I will also have it for a long long time.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:02 AM
Default 2017 golf care for sale

2017 - 2 SEAT YAMAHA CAR W/ SLEEKLINE CAB
• 2017 Yamaha 2 seat golf car with UPGRADES
• PAINT UPGRADE- VIPER RED body with matching roof
• Black SLEEKLINE cab.
• ADJUSTABLE LUXURY TEXAS SPORSTER SEATS are black & red, coordinating well with the car colors, with lumbar support & deluxe arm rests.
• The SLEEKLINE hard side cab adapts quickly and easily to weather conditions…no more rolling those canvas sides up and down for short rainstorms.
• Cab’s rear window is solid split plexiglass, easy to open and close.
• FLIP WINDSHIELD for better visibility
• Cab doors are split, so you open just the bottom for increased ventilation during rainstorms, etc. This feature also allows you to put groceries on the floorboard without worrying about them falling out while leaving the top door portion open for ventilation.
• Multi-function speedometer, LED headlights for increased night vision, LED turn signal indicators inside cart
• Custom wheels on NEW Tires
• Front overhead shelf, sand bottle mounted on rear, outside
• FRONT SAFETY LED package & SIDE MARKERS makes your car highly visible and increases your safety 24/7
• 2 USB ports
• Removable fan with two speeds for summer days
• Handy door closure system holds door tight for chilly days.
• Car has been maintained at regular service intervals
• POWER-TRAIN WARRANTY until 2022
• Car has always been stored in the garage, and it is a nonsmoker car
• Car is loaded with extra features and is yours for $11,900
• Located just north of 44 in Osceola Hills Soaring Eagle.
• Call or text Jeff AT 419 305 9107
Old 12-15-2020, 01:08 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

A couple things to consider:

1. Will you be buying Gas or Electric?
2. Will you be modifying the cart at all?
3. How well has the cart been maintained?

If you are going GAS: We recommend going fuel injected. And if you can afford it, choose the Yamaha QuieTech powered models (very quiet gas carts).

If you are going ELECTRIC: Any cart will do, as long as maintained well.

If you will be adding modifications to your cart (rear seat, windshield, etc.), then going with a cart that is a few years older is best (like 2010-2016). The reason is, the longer a cart is on the market the more aftermarket Golf Cart Accessories that will have been produced for it. Many newer carts don't have lift kits or other accessories available for them.

Our personal shop cart is a 2007 EZGO TXT that is maintained like new. Lots of mods available from all aftermarket manufacturers for it.

Here is a golf cart buyer's guide we also hope helps: Buying the Best Golf Cart - Buyer's Guide | GCTS
Closed Thread

Tags
oldest, golf, cart, year, field

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.