If you dont have or think you need golf cart insurance, think again

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2023, 07:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
That incident was frightening because I could imagine it happening to me. I walk Hillsborough in the morning and I know the sun can be blinding at spots. I can imagine being able to see just enough to notice an oncoming car and wait for it before attempting to turn. I would not anticipate a bicycle being close behind that car and I would not be able to see it in the sun. I can imagine making that same turn.
Yes. There were a lot of comments to the idea that if you can't see you should stay home, but I've been on Pinellas traveling into the rising sun, and when I left the house I didn't know I'd be blind.
It's easy to think, or to say that would never happen to me, but in reality, it could happen to any of us.
Old 10-30-2023, 08:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I disagree that the odds of hitting someone with your golf cart are practically zero. When people are at the squares and drinking heavily and then get behind the wheel of their golf cart, MANY bad accidents can happen.
In the past I had the habit of walking a MMP early in the morning, had it just about to myself and then late in the afternoon, walking on the left facing traffic, both morning and afternoon I have been forced to jump off the path to avoid being hit, I no longer walk the paths in the afternoons ,it being it seems somewhat safer in the mornings,

Last edited by jimbomaybe; 10-30-2023 at 08:31 AM. Reason: opps
Old 10-30-2023, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I would (complain), mine is $108 same coverage for the last 3 years. . Of course next April when it comes up for the 4th year renewal it might be 3x that considering my AUTO just went up 50% for DEC 1 renewal.

Edit: Just checked. I have 500K/250K liability and 100K property damage and ACV collision & comp. So I would definitely complain. . Going to remove uninsured motorist which will save another $26.50. No idea why I have that for a golf cart.
You need UM coverage on the golf cart to protect you from uninsured drivers on the roadway who may just hit you while you are in the golf cart lane.

For $25 a year it's worth it.
Old 10-31-2023, 06:47 AM
Default Litigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Golf carts are relatively cheap compared to homes or cars. Homeowners insurance is often required and car insurance is almost always required but golf cart insurance is not required.

On the other hand, lawsuits are plentiful, especially in Florida.
Yes, we have noticed Florida seems like the Wild West when it comes to litigation, We have policies on most things except for homeowners. We self insure and plan to do the same in Florida.

Fairfax VA
Stamford CT
Rye NH
Provincetown MA
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, $150-250, invest, situation, type

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.