Jump starting a gas cart with power bank

Old 03-25-2024, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I have a charger and I use it, and I’m buying a new battery, I was just wondering what to do if the darn thing dies on me somewhere.
Best to use a towing service.

Then get on with necessary repairs. Low cost yearly memberships available from multiple companies.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:37 AM
Sage

I believe the probability of being stranded by a dead battery is low if you take some proactive steps. Golf cart batteries will typically last about 4-5 years. You will get some warnings (slow to start) as it starts to fail. Preemptively replacing it at 4 years is not a bad idea. Subscribing to a golf cart rescue service is a good idea as they will bring you home in the unlikely event of a battery failure. I believe you are more likely to need their services because of a tire puncture than a dead battery.

Quote:
I have a charger and I use it, and I’m buying a new battery, I was just wondering what to do if the darn thing dies on me somewhere.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:48 AM

I've jumped a gas golf car from a regular car, let me tell you, it's a bit sporty. Can't really recommend it. Keeping it on without moving so you can disconnect everything and then driving around without stopping for awhile are both challenging and probably dangerous. Think holding down both pedals with one hand while disconnecting with another and then....well...like I said....it's sporty. Wouldn't be much different with a power bank.

Having said that....I'd do it again!!

Joe
Old 03-25-2024, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Can I jump start my Yamaha gas golf cart if the battery goes flat when I’m away from home with my powerbank?
The short answer is yes. BUT as The Tinker pointed out some planning is required because in order to leave the booster connected to the battery you need to secure the booster. You can usually accomplish this with a bungee cord or Velcro strap (will depend on your cart set-up). This will get you home or to a place where you can replace the battery but wouldn’t be advisable for longer term.

Tags
jump, gas, cart, home, i’m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.