looking for golf cart advice

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2021, 11:38 AM
Default looking for golf cart advice

New to TV -- coming down in January. In need of a golf cart. Interested in electric -- gas is too noisy and smelly for me and my bride. 2 options on electric - Lithium and lead-based. Lithium is preferred. Which makes/models are good? Initially interested in Evolution, but I realize that others like Club Car and EZ-GO exist. Can others share the good/bad/ugly of their experiences? TIA. And if you have/know of one for sale, drop me a PM, thanks.
Old 12-20-2021, 12:00 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margevicius@gmail.com View Post
Interested in electric -- gas is too noisy and smelly for me and my bride.
Have you driven the new Yamaha's?? Don't smell & very quite. Jus say'n.

Old 12-20-2021, 12:21 PM

May want to check with your tax advisor....I've read some banter about electric carts being eligible for significant tax rebates. They may have to have options such as seatbelts, to qualify.
Old 12-20-2021, 01:18 PM

We looked at Evolution carts before purchasing our Yamaha Gas cart. The Evolution was nice enough although there aren't nearly as many options / upgrades available for it as there are the other brands like EZ-GO, Club Car and Yamaha. Our QuietTech gas is fairly quiet and I actually find the whine of some electric carts to be more bothersome than the low volume of my Yamaha. We will eventually get a second cart and my wife will want an electric so we'll see what's available then. One last thing, I always try to buy American or as much content as possible from the U.S. in my purchases and the components for the Evolution are all from China which as a source country is my #1 least favorite. That probably more than anything else kept me from wanting the Evolution. If you don't feel the same, it could be the cart for you as those that have them seem pretty happy with them at least so far. Welcome to the villages by the way!
Old 12-20-2021, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 918 Posts

Depends upon where you live. If you live north of 44, electric will work. Our lead acid electric cart will get about 40 miles before the towing service needs calling. Gas has a much, much farther range. If you live south of 44, the golf courses are so far away, that gas is your only real option for going to LSL and getting back.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news if you live in Southern Oaks.
Old 12-20-2021, 04:38 PM
Veteran member

the Evolution cart looks nice and has lots of frills but make sure you test drive it.. I took 2 different carts out and hated the ride every bump was bone jarring and 10 times worse than a Yamaha .. I am a high mileage golf cart user... I ended up buying a new Yamaha and love it
Old 12-20-2021, 05:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
New to TV -- coming down in January. In need of a golf cart. Interested in electric -- gas is too noisy and smelly for me and my bride. 2 options on electric - Lithium and lead-based. Lithium is preferred. Which makes/models are good? Initially interested in Evolution, but I realize that others like Club Car and EZ-GO exist. Can others share the good/bad/ugly of their experiences? TIA. And if you have/know of one for sale, drop me a PM, thanks.
If price is no concern, I'd get a Yamaha or Club Car Lithium-Ion, brand new. However, my understanding is that between the high demand, and the supply chain issues, getting anything by January may be a pipe dream.
Let us know how you make out.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

I am 6ft 3 inches tall and checked out the Evolution. Accelerator was not in a comfortable position(too close to me).

EZ Go has the longest range. Check to see how far you intend to drive cart in a day. If you are centrally located, might not need a 50-60 range cart.

Quietech is good gas cart. Has more tire noise than engine noise. Still smelly but not as bad as older golf carts.

Good luck and keep eyes open. There is a lot less availability now than 1 year agol
Old 12-20-2021, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
///

Last edited by golfing eagles; 12-20-2021 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Do yourself a favor and buy a Yamaha gas cart. You're not going to save the planet anyway. Donate to Greenpeace if it makes you feel better.
Where in the OP's post did you get the impression his decision was based upon a desire to "save the planet"? He states very clearly that he finds gas too noisy and smelly. How did you jump to the conclusion that it was about "saving the planet"?
Old 12-20-2021, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,084 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Have you driven the new Yamaha's?? Don't smell & very quite. Jus say'n.

Agree, there are many very good reasons why Yamaha gas carts are by far (it’s not even close) the most popular carts in the Villages.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Where in the OP's post did you get the impression his decision was based upon a desire to "save the planet"? He states very clearly that he finds gas too noisy and smelly. How did you jump to the conclusion that it was about "saving the planet"?
///
Old 12-20-2021, 06:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by melpetezrinski View Post
How about doing us a favor and keep your comments to yourself if you are not going to add anything positive to the discussion. OP said nothing about saving the planet, only that "gas is too noisy and smelly".
///
Old 12-20-2021, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Have gas Yamaha quiet tech, can’t smell it at all. Where does this smell supposed to come from?
Old 12-20-2021, 08:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Have gas Yamaha quiet tech, can’t smell it at all. Where does this smell supposed to come from?
I have one also, and when I back into the garage, I definitely get a little exhaust smell. Doesn't really faze me, but I can't deny its existence.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, electric, interested, lithium

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.