Must Have Accessories for a First Time Buyer

Old 01-28-2024, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The lower center of gravity of the E-cart is very important to the decision of electric vs gas. Accessories are important for comfort and convenience, but electric vs gas is the overwhelmingly most IMPORTANT decision to be made about Golf Carts (and bikes, motorcycles and larger vehicles). It is all one BIG CONCEPT.
And this folks is why patients should take their Psych Meds!
Old 01-28-2024, 10:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawgInLakeDenham View Post
So why blaspheme gas carts whilst you covet fossil fuel powered generators for your personal comfort??? Thou salt not cast the stone upon those who find comfort in a gas cart
Blaspheme? Covet? I've heard of creative writing but that's some creative reading right there.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-29-2024, 08:28 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Bells and Whistles

IMHO there are a lot of nice things to place on a cart. Just watch what goes past the factory specs on your electrical system. Strip light, speedometers, radios etc can at some point tip the balance of your electrical system. Regulators from the factory are meant to charge a basic system.

I’ve read other posts where the system seems “tapped”? Auxiliary chargers, really?

You can enjoy a maintenance free type cart by going more towards “mechanical” items like seats and windows.

Hopefully whatever cart you get you enjoy without becoming a slave to it.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 01-29-2024, 09:30 AM
Veteran member

If a gas cart, get a stupid, unique paint job. Nobody will steal your cart if it is readily identifiable.
Old 01-29-2024, 01:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
If a gas cart, get a stupid, unique paint job. Nobody will steal your cart if it is readily identifiable.
I'm not so sure about that. I think the bozo thieves will take almost anything. There was very recently (within the last two weeks) a post about a readily identifiable cart that was stolen from a parking lot.
Old 01-29-2024, 03:45 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Alarms are only 60 bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I think the bozo thieves will take almost anything. There was very recently (within the last two weeks) a post about a readily identifiable cart that was stolen from a parking lot.
Guardian alarm Amazon.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZXJTCLZ5Kg

Better than a miserable paint scheme.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 01-29-2024, 04:05 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

There is a known issue with the speedometer/odometer with GPS that runs even when the cart is shut off and drains and kills the battery. We have requested that they remove this speedometer/odometer and replace it with the older model that does not have GPS and shuts off when the cart shuts off.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

It took all of 10 posts for the electric zealots to start their preaching. Why does every other cart thread end up like this. Enough already.

Tags
golf, cart, accessories, haves”, “must

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.