Must Have Accessories for a First Time Buyer

Old 11-11-2023, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,311 Times in 4,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsbill View Post
you should look around and see if you can find a cart with either a Sleekline or Curtis cab - much easier than rolling curtains up and down - think rolling down the curtains in an unexpected T-Storm and you kinda have a choice of how much wind blows thru the cart
If you're a golfer, I couldn't DISAGREE more...

I rode with someone with an enclosed cab and pretty much every time I got into the cart, I hit my head, or my shoulder, or arm, or some other part of my body...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-11-2023, 08:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Had the same thought. I am a golfer and this set up is a pain in the you know what if you are on the taller side.
Agreed. I'm 6'1" and hated riding in an enclosed cab cart...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-11-2023, 09:04 PM
Sage

Buy an Apple Air Tag and hide it in your cart (same with your golf clubs...)

-Tom Petty
Old 11-11-2023, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,743 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
If you're a golfer, I couldn't DISAGREE more...

I rode with someone with an enclosed cab and pretty much every time I got into the cart, I hit my head, or my shoulder, or arm, or some other part of my body...
Absolutely agree. Not to mention snagging the shorts pocket on the door latch.
Old 11-12-2023, 02:28 AM
Gold member

Self canceling turn signals.
JBL Bluetooth speakers.
Old 01-27-2024, 06:06 PM
Default golf cart purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
I would never buy inside The Villages. There are plenty of places outside The Villages that are 20% cheaper on carts.
Could you please recommend a few places outside the villages, i'm new to the villages.
Thank You
Old 01-28-2024, 11:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The problem with gas cars is you can smell them as they go by you on the street. This shows that they are polluting the environment, which is CAUSING Global Warming. That is why this summer was HOTTER than normal and the next 8 years are predicted to be hotter than normal. That is why we are currently being attacked by illegals at our southern US border. All this AND MORE can be stopped if about 30% of new Golf Cart and cars and trucks were ELECTRIC. ALL the bad things associated with GAS Golf Carts canNOT be justified "because they have greater range" (which most people never use). Going long distances in a golf cart will give you a headache from the exhaust pollution and the bumps and the loud noise.
.....In a few years, better batteries will be developed and the range of an E-golf cart will be equal to a gas golf cart.
........Gas golf carts have SO MANY disadvantages compared to E-golf carts, that I am just APPEALING to potential buyers to research the BIG PICTURE before making a choice of gas or electric - it is NOT some small insignificant choice - the health of the EARTH'S air and water (coral reefs) depends on your choice!
That's a phenomenally inexplicable leap in (il)logic. It's akin to saying if I dig a hole in my backyard, and now someone has a new job to fill it, hence unemployment just went down.
Old 01-28-2024, 12:11 PM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

Scientist have proven there is no global warming.
Old 01-28-2024, 12:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,214 Times in 766 Posts

Seat Belts
Gas gage
Directional indicator lights in the mirrors
Side lights
Old 01-28-2024, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,578 Times in 3,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
Gas cart...a really bad decision but the service people will love you because of all those parts to maintain and replace compared to almost none on electric carts. I have seen countless gas carts broken down along the MMPs but never an electric one. Smelly, noisy, polluting, having to go to a service station for gas...ugh! I can run all day as far as I want in my electric cart, simply plug it in at night and its ready for the next day. No oil to check, fuel tank to top off, no belts, hoses & filters to replace, no finicky injectors or exhaust system..and with my lightweight Lithium batteries my cart weighs half as much as a gas cart. Gas engines are going the way of the dinosaur & the sooner the better.
Downside to battery power: it takes a few hours to recharge, and there's no way to do that away from your home. If the power goes out at your house - your battery isn't being charged. Good luck using it tomorrow.

Meanwhile, my gas cart will run on the same tank of gas for a month, I can fill it up in around 1.5 minutes at any gas station, and if the power goes out, who cares. My golf cart still works just fine and I don't have to wonder if it'll get me where I need to go in the morning.
Old 01-28-2024, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Downside to battery power: it takes a few hours to recharge, and there's no way to do that away from your home. If the power goes out at your house - your battery isn't being charged. Good luck using it tomorrow.

Meanwhile, my gas cart will run on the same tank of gas for a month, I can fill it up in around 1.5 minutes at any gas station, and if the power goes out, who cares. My golf cart still works just fine and I don't have to wonder if it'll get me where I need to go in the morning.
I don't know if it's quite that bad. I don't remember my power ever being out for more than an hour; I would still expect my cart to be charged and available tomorrow.

If the event is so bad the power is out for a significant amount of time then it is probably out for the gas stations as well. That being the case, you won't be pumping gas into your cart while my generator will still be charging my cart (plus running my refrigerator and internet connection).

Honestly, I've heard more complaints about 2023 Yamaha gas carts in the last week than I've hear about electric carts in the last three years.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-28-2024, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,578 Times in 3,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I don't know if it's quite that bad. I don't remember my power ever being out for more than an hour; I would still expect my cart to be charged and available tomorrow.

If the event is so bad the power is out for a significant amount of time then it is probably out for the gas stations as well. That being the case, you won't be pumping gas into your cart while my generator will still be charging my cart (plus running my refrigerator and internet connection).

Honestly, I've heard more complaints about 2023 Yamaha gas carts in the last week than I've hear about electric carts in the last three years.
See the first sentence of the second paragraph that I posted: My gas cart will run on the same tank of gas for a month. Your electric cart will not run on a single charge for a month.
Old 01-28-2024, 09:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
This is without a doubt is the best option you can get - Both me and wife really like out sleekline but the Curtis cab is also well worth it . As indicated in the quoted response > being able to quickly close a door instead of pulling off to the side to unroll curtains is a real advantage when there is that unexpected rain or you get a chill (Yes even in Fl this happens to some of us). NOT TO MENTION > if you wife doesn't want the wind to blow her hair around. Not a cheap option but we use it a lot. You also should get the windshield with sliders at the bottom for air when you need it.

If your after opinions > I'd really consider lithium electric carts. Long range, quite, no smell, smooth. Pay attention to the current golf cart ads and you will see a clear trend advertising Lithium carts. Auto sales of electrics / hybrids are growing each year and they are the near future. I think they make even more sense in Golf carts since the millage is way more then you will ever need and as safe or safer than gas.
Am tall and play a lot of golf. Much harder to get in and out of these carts. Playing golf you will be getting in and out of cart at least 60 times in a regular round. Hate the curtains but only deal with them when it rains and it is verrrry cold
Old 01-28-2024, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post

So why blaspheme gas carts whilst you covet fossil fuel powered generators for your personal comfort??? Thou salt not cast the stone upon those who find comfort in a gas cart
Old 01-28-2024, 10:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
See the first sentence of the second paragraph that I posted: My gas cart will run on the same tank of gas for a month. Your electric cart will not run on a single charge for a month.
You have a tank full of gas to keep your cart running, I have a wall full of electricity to keep my cart running. I'll bet you know the last time your tank ran low and you needed to go out of your way to fill it, my wall has never run low.

You like your gas cart. That's great, I like mine too. I also like my electric cart.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Tags
golf, cart, accessories, haves”, “must

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.