My yesteryear golf cart is winking at everyone

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2023, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default My yesteryear golf cart is winking at everyone

Replace bulb is easy, right? The ole boy does this normally but will have to rely on my own fumbling skills. I assume (yea, I know how it's spelled) it's as easy as a flashlight, right? Remove, Replace and Reward (for completing the job without burning down the garage. Wish me luck!
Old 09-17-2023, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

I assume you are asking for help? If so, you may have a loose wiring connection as opposed to a bulb problem. I would need additional info to help, which lights are blinking, when are they blinking, all the time or only when the cart is in motion, are there any other electrical problems, etc?
I have worked on many carts for various problems, almost all of these were WIRING or CONNECTION issues, I have not see a bulb problem yet.
Old 09-17-2023, 11:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I assume you are asking for help? If so, you may have a loose wiring connection as opposed to a bulb problem. I would need additional info to help, which lights are blinking, when are they blinking, all the time or only when the cart is in motion, are there any other electrical problems, etc?
I have worked on many carts for various problems, almost all of these were WIRING or CONNECTION issues, I have not see a bulb problem yet.
Thanks Tinker, once again, I misled, trying to be cute, drivers side bulb not on, seldom use cart at night, so sure it's the bulb, will take to Villages cart in SS, and replace if I have problem, just curious if I could replace myself, since my dear Doug is not up to the task with his illness. You are so kind always appreciate your knowledge of so many things.
Old 09-18-2023, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

OK, from what I have seen these carts seem to use the older style automotive bulbs. There should be a way to remove the existing bulb, a screw to remove the front lens, possibly a twist for the lamp base at the back of the light, etc. Then go to the local automotive parts store for the replacement. NOTE: if the bulb is halogen do not touch the bulb with your fingers use a glove or similar to avoid getting fingerprints on these bulbs as it will cause them to fail.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
You were SO RIGHT Tinker, bought $31 bulb at auto place, will return for refund, because it was WIRING, yea, fixed, not by me, nice neighbor. Thanks Tinker, I told neighbor what you said and There it was, right again,
Old 09-23-2023, 05:26 PM

Those cars like to burn /or melt the connector or wiring.
Old 09-23-2023, 07:53 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
Those cars like to burn /or melt the connector or wiring.
I have a Yesteryear Cart which was built on a Club Car Body back in 2006. Cart has been great but takes some ingenuity to work through some of their creations.

Brake light doesn't work? Never expect it to be the lightbulb. It will work it's way back to some wire or switch that they found and installed in 2006. No part number to buy, but rather a description, (push button, DC, .5 Dia., 1 Inch push thru rear mount). Back then each cart was somewhat unique. Then you have to remember to pull the fuse before you install onto the metal brake pedal, or be prepared to replace when the wire to the switch accidentally contacts the brake pedal.
Old 09-24-2023, 07:29 AM
Sage

Thanks everyone, love our TOTV posters!
Old 10-21-2023, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
You were SO RIGHT Tinker, bought $31 bulb at auto place, will return for refund, because it was WIRING, yea, fixed, not by me, nice neighbor. Thanks Tinker, I told neighbor what you said and There it was, right again,
Our Village Tinker is an absolute gem!

Tags
replace, easy, spelled, flashlight, remove

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.