New E-Z-Go Hybrid Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Gold member
Default New E-Z-Go Hybrid Golf Cart

After reading through the recently resurrected thread on gas vs. electric carts, I got to thinking about the new E-Z-Go hybrid cart I saw advertised in the Fall. Has anyone done any research on it? Is any dealer in TV selling it yet? All I know about it is that it has a built-in 6HP gas generator that recharges its batteries on the fly, with an advertized range of 150 miles at 16 MPH. I've also heard that it costs about $2K more than the standard E-Z-Go electric cart, but I haven't been able to confirm that figure. The E-Z-Go website says it will be available as an add-on kit for current carts too. It seems like a perfect solution to the age old controversy of gas vs. electric, and I was just wondering if anyone has any more information on it.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

The EZGO dealer in Palm Plaza has one on display. Does not have a place to carry golf clubs and it is very expensive.

The saleman we talked to does not like and does not recommend it.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Platinum member

The guy I played golf with yesterday (brrrrr) told me that he has an EZ Go cart. I asked hom about the hybrid and he told me that there is an add-on device to hold the clubs. Sounds like a pretty good set up to me, but the price may be too much. Maybe the price will come down in a few years.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

Watch the video http://www.ezgo.com/Exceed.html I have an Ez go and use it a lot. I do not think this would be cost effective. I have driven everywhere in TV and have not needed to recharge untill the days end. 150 miles? I dont want to drive 150 miles in a cart in one day.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Veteran member

I saw it in the showroom last year and in my opinion it looks like something GM would have tried to build in the 70's and 80's, or maybe it's like Ford's Edsel. Try to be something to everyone with something overly complicated and probably doesn't work very well. OOPS its a golf cart, so now you have to buy another add-on to carry clubs and by the the way, be sure to keep the canvas away from the hot generator when the side and back curtains are down in the rain and cold, etc., etc.
If you want super distance with noise buy gas, if you want quiet, reasonable distance without the stink buy electric. If you want to be in the way of real cars buy street legal.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Sage

Hybrid gas and electric does sound like a great idea. I've wondered why there aren't more hybrid solar with gas or electric carts. I've only ever seen one solar. I assume it was hybrid since ya can't store sunshine. Anyone know more about these?
Old 01-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Gold member
Default Omg

If Toyota ever got serious and made a mini version of the Prius in a Cart what a wonderful world it would be.

Clean Simple and it would just work! Forever! They are the largest producer of Electric Fork Lifts in the world and they run forever!

Now this seems like overkill. But you could get a standard Electric EZ Go and carry a hand held small Honda generator.

Run out of juice somewhere stop fire it up and charge!

Now back to reality.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.