One fast cart

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Veteran member
Default One fast cart

Went out to a cart repair place the other day to buy some 10 " rims and this guy had a club car that did 50 MPH. Yes really electric I rode in it and had a GPS in my hand and it did 50 MPH unbelievable wouldnt that make the cops stand up and take notice
Old 01-31-2012, 09:27 PM
Sage

50 mph!!! "Holy Bat Guano, Batman!"

Hope he slows down for turns!

Bill
Old 01-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Gold member

Think he might have passed me and several other carts one day while riding along Buena Vista coming back from Walnut Grove. Thought he either had a jet engine or, that my 19 MPH cart had stopped.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Platinum member

Only a matter of time until that helicopter will be landing to fly him to a hospital.

That which does not destroy you, makes you stronger- Nietzsche
Old 02-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Only a matter of time until that helicopter will be landing to fly him to a hospital.

So true! I only hope I am not in front of him--doing my 19-1/2 MPH-- and he tries to stop. Will never understand the mentality of anyone who adjusts the speed on their carts. It is a dangerous thing to do--to them and to everyone else on the paths.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
Went out to a cart repair place the other day to buy some 10 " rims and this guy had a club car that did 50 MPH. Yes really electric I rode in it and had a GPS in my hand and it did 50 MPH unbelievable wouldnt that make the cops stand up and take notice
Why?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Is his name Steve? I may have seen that cart, but did not get to ride in it. If I recall, the one I saw was 72 volts. If it is the same one, it was built as a fun project, not for riding around TV.

There is quite a crowd of people around the country that love to build faster and faster electric carts for racing.

I am sure the gassers and EZGO AC owners would still be dissapointed as it is a Club Car. I suspect it slows to 47 MPH up hills

Last edited by ajbrown; 02-01-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: EZGO typo was EXGO
Old 02-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Veteran member

Thats the guy and I tell you if I had a place to run it look out honey I'm comin home
Old 02-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222

And why does someone want to go that fast in a golf cart? There is no protection, i.e., doors, air bags. I hope he at least wears a seat belt.

I see a head injury in his future. And, no, I am not wishing one on him. I only wish he slows down for his health and mine.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn222 View Post
And why does someone want to go that fast in a golf cart?
Two simple reasons:
1. Because HE is a guy.
2. Because IT can. (go that fast)

A fact of life: If it has wheels and a motor someone is going to try and make it go faster. I assume the hot cart mentioned above is for racing or some sort of off road use, not regular use. When I was a Jaycee, we sponsored lawn mower races as a fund raiser. There were 6 classes and we would have over 100 competitors. Speed in the top class was limited to 45MPH. All good fun when taken in the proper context. Some great engineering and mechanical work too!!

Last edited by Jim 9922; 02-15-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: correct typo
Old 02-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Gold member
Default Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Is his name Steve? I may have seen that cart, but did not get to ride in it. If I recall, the one I saw was 72 volts. If it is the same one, it was built as a fun project, not for riding around TV.

There is quite a crowd of people around the country that love to build faster and faster electric carts for racing.

I am sure the gassers and EZGO AC owners would still be dissapointed as it is a Club Car. I suspect it slows to 47 MPH up hills
Welcome to Plasma Boy Racing, home of White Zombie, the world's quickest street legal electric door slammer in the 1/4 mile drag.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Gold member
Default Speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
Two simple reasons:
1. Because HE is a guy.
2. Because IT can. (go that fast)

A fact of life: If it has wheels and a motor someone is going to try and make it go faster. I assume the hot cart mentioned above is for racing or some sort of off road use, not regular use. When I was a Jaycee, we sponsored lawn mower races as a fund raiser. There were 6 classes and we would have over 100 competitors. Speed in the top class was limited to 45MPH. All good fun when taken in the proper context. Some great engineering and mechanical work too!!
It's a CarGuy Thing! But I agree not save on the cart paths!

Belongs on a street or drag strip!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
A golf cart passed me on Odell yesterday. He had to be doing at least 40mph. He was not street legal (no license plate). I hope he doesn't hurt himself or someone else. If he ever does injure someone, I wonder if his liability insurance would be null and void because of his illegal cart.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:15 AM
Sage

What a project, but if it dont have room for golf clubs it dont count

Now here is a simple little cart, as the annoncer says a stock 48v :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3hwr35p8PI&feature=player_embedded]Plum Quick 48v 52.9mph - YouTube[/ame]
If you do not see a video or video link above this line, tell the admin in the thread : https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...osts-ie-47064/.

This video url is here if you must cut and paste:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3hwr35p8PI
....brought to us by the folks at High Speed & Performance Electric Golf Cart Motors & Motor Controllers - Plum Quick Motors. Check out the other videos on that site. The guys at Plum Quick are true sparky motor heads.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.