Par cart compaired to the Atomic cart

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2016, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
I was talking to the owner of an Atomic yesterday. She didn't have plates on it so I assume it was not licensed.
Then she's violating the law.

Can Atomic carts be used for golf? Do they have bag racks?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Sage

I assumed the dealer adjusted the top speed to 20 mph to conform to the law for non-street legal carts - don't know for sure. This one did not have golf course tires or a rack for golf bags (as she didn't play golf) but she did say those were options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Then she's violating the law.

Can Atomic carts be used for golf? Do they have bag racks?
Old 07-12-2016, 06:23 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

We plan on driving carts before buying, but it is always good to listen to other's opinions and that is what we are looking for. Thanks all.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Outlaw, I am not sure what you are saying is correct. Golf carts are limited to 20 mph, and if you run afoul of the law and they check your cart and find it capable of going over 20 mph there are lots of fines, and you have to have the cart returned to a top speed of 20 mph. I do not see how a LSV could avoid licensing.
Now having stated my understanding the FL laws on this are confusing, as well as the insurance requirements, so OP, if you are looking at this option, do your homework on licensing and insurance requirements.
Hope this helps.
Does a 4 wheeler ATV require licensing and registration? No. You can drive them on private property all day long with no problems. You will find many Par Car LSVs in TV that are not licensed. They cannot legally drive on roadways, but can legally drive on the MMPs. The speed limit is another thing. If you are on a public road, in the golf cart/bike lane, you are limited to 20 mph, the speed limit. If you exceed the speed limit, you may get a speeding ticket. The "lots of fines" to which you refer are associated with the aftermarket MODIFICATION of a golf cart to exceed it's designed maximum speed. An LSV comes from the factory capable of speeds up to 25 mph.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Not true. If it's capable of going over 20 mph it must, by law, be registered and insured. I'm sure that there are many carts in TV that go over 20 and are not registered and insured, but if you get stopped in one you'll be charged with driving and unregistered and uninsured vehicle.
Please provide your source. Allowing a vehicle to be licensed for street use does mandate a vehicle be licensed.
Closed Thread

Tags
ride, cart, dad, mom, welcomed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.