ParCar Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Default ParCar Golf Cart

I have owned a ParCar for over a year and have recommended other family members to buy one. The main reasons I bought from ParCar was there service department. However I have some trouble over the last month with the charger that is under warrantee. ParCar had it for 2 weeks and sent it back advising they could find nothing wrong with it. Now it is back in the shop and I am told it is being worked on (testing the batteries). Why would you be testing the batteries when the charger isn't even working?

I am interested in knowing if anyone else is having similar experiences with the ParCar service department.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Default Do not recommend Par Car

I bought a Par Car in 2008. I purchased the battery fill system so I would not have the acid problems. In 2010 I needed batteries. In the beginning I had noticed acid spots on the driveway and called Par Car. They said we must be filling the system wrong. Now the acid has eaten through the body sides by the batteries, the snaps on the canvas sides and I have corrosion on the steel frame. Par Car has had my cart for a week. Guess what the battery fill system was not working correctly. And I need batteries again. So in four years I have needed batteries twice at $800 each time. Both times I needed battieries there were two bad batteries and I had to replace them all. That makes me think the battery fill system was the reason both times. But when they call you they always state we checked the charging system and it is working correctly. I just love their radio ads stating they batteries last many many years. Can't prove it by me. Anyone else with these problems. Please do not recommend Par Car to anyone.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Veteran member

Not really a fan of the battery fill systems. They may have a kink in the line and a battery cell may never get enough water which will lead to a premature failure. Yes they are convenient but you still should look over the lines carefully.

I have an EZGO and check the old fashioned way, pop the caps and take a look and fill as necessary twice per month.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.