Perhaps a “rookie question” but why is it so hard to find a late model EV golf cart?

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2023, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosethorn View Post
Having purchased a house here, I am looking for a late model electric golf cart with lithium ion batteries and upgraded (comfortable) seats.

I’ve been searching the classified ads here and elsewhere but can’t find anything that seems like it’ll work for me.

Is new ($23,000+) the only real option? I’m surprised that there aren’t more used carts for sale.

Do most used carts get sold back to the local dealerships?

Does anyone know (as a percentage) the proportion of electric vs. gas carts in The Villages?

Thanks for any insights.
Try Nobles. They are very fair and they only sell refurbished (and they r like new) carts. If you talk to Jason (the owner) he will bend over backwards to get what you want.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Units is current operation? I'd guess it's at least 20:1 Gas, maybe more.

Sale of New Carts? Probably 10:2 Gas

Electric Lithium didn't really become practical and available, until the last 3-4 years. 2 years ago, ClubCar didn't even offer Lithium as an available option.

Just a guess, but I suspect anyone who needs to sell an Electric Cart, has a list of friends and neighbors who want it.
The Villages Golf Cars manager told me 40% of new cart sales in The Villages are now electric. He said it will be over 50% next year.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,904 Times in 811 Posts

Quote:
Having purchased a house here, I am looking for a late model electric golf cart with lithium ion batteries and upgraded (comfortable) seats.

I’ve been searching the classified ads here and elsewhere but can’t find anything that seems like it’ll work for me.

Is new ($23,000+) the only real option? I’m surprised that there aren’t more used carts for sale.

Does anyone know (as a percentage) the proportion of electric vs. gas carts in The Villages?

Thanks for any insights.
People like them and don’t sell them. Don’t quote me on this, but I think I was told at Villages Golf Cars six months ago while a friend was buying one that in 2020, when I ordered one, about 30% of their sales had Lithium ion batteries, but now it’s about 90%. People are realizing that the lithium ion batteries are far superior to lead batteries and so much quieter than gas carts. But when you fancy them up, they are expensive. Yes, I paid about $23,000 for mine, and so did my friend, but that includes, say, $2,000 for fancy seats.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyarham View Post
Look into the evolution. Someone in Ocala sells them
Not any more. They stopped selling and servicing Evolution. The Villages Discount Golf Cars are listed as the local Evolution dealer, but they are no longer selling or servicing Evolution as well. Closest dealer is in Clermont (The Golf Cart Company), and they do offer mobile service here in The Villages for their carts.

I was extremely interested in the new Evolution D5, but it only comes with a 110AH battery - too small for me, I'm on the extreme north end of The Villages. I had ordered one with a 205AH battery, but after 3 months of waiting the order was cancelled by Evolution. It was a new product, and they couldn't deliver working units to dealers, so the 205AH on the D5 has been cancelled.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:23 AM

If you buy used, factor in the battery life, at $5k, replacement Li battery can't be ignored. I bought new, and yeah, not cheap. I considered gas, but like anything gas, there are maintenance costs unique to gas, the cost of gas/mile vs. electric/mile. But getting into a good used gas cart is much cheaper, so I guess it's personal taste. As far as the range, people talking about 140 min cart rides, no thanks, I'm not wasting that much of my remaining years when I could be a 10-15 car ride and rent a cart. But, if you want to cart it, the Star Sirius have about an 75-80 range, which is far and away more than needed to get anywhere and play a couple rounds.
Old 10-17-2023, 08:10 AM

Lithium Batteries only out a couple years so no turnover yet and most people are satisfied with performance up till now. Time will tell if they start failing before the 6-10 years they say they will last as the replacement cost is easily double the standard battery. Try Crown Carts in Wildwood, same Star Carts as the Villages but less expensive and family owned so atmosphere more friendly.
Old 10-17-2023, 08:21 AM

3782 New Moon Ave he has a 57 Chevy 4 seat EV. Wants 13.900 or offer.
Old 10-17-2023, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyarham View Post
Look into the evolution. Someone in Ocala sells them
Careful. They're on SR 200 and close by several golf communities. They used to be the only Evolution Dealer and used to service them.

They sold a few to neighbors in Ocala, who complain that they still sell them, but do not service them now.
I did not verify that, but it's what we've been hearing.
I can't imagine why. An Evolution plant is in Ocala.
Old 10-17-2023, 08:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I guess it’s just depends what you want to spend. Both good carts but the gas might be slightly louder but the gas cart are cheaper to maintain. But I can see money isn’t a problem.
Old 10-17-2023, 08:55 AM

Quote:

Thanks for any insights.
Yes they are that expensive. You might try searching a few hours outside of the villages for a better deal and arrange for transport. Ultimately the service options are better here. Even though I pard a tidy sum, I happy. Thanks kids.
Old 10-17-2023, 09:46 AM
Default I have a 2022 Crown Lithium Ion golf cart for sale in the classified section.

Quote:

Thanks for any insights.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2170.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	100685  
Old 10-17-2023, 12:45 PM

My wife has a 2022 Evolution Golf Cart that we hardly use; it has less than 2,000 miles on it. She might be interested in selling it; would you be interested? It has lithium batteries with an 80 mile range; I have the same cart and the range is accurate, we have never been in danger of running out of juice.
Old 10-17-2023, 01:05 PM

I am happy with my EZGO. Quiet, comfortable, easy to charge, locks when it stops and doesn’t slow down on hills.
Old 10-17-2023, 01:47 PM

I just bought a new 2023 Ezgo Golf Cart with Lithium batteries in March for $24,000. Unfortunately the way it's designed with their new gas pedal system is hard on my knee. I got all the perk's........sleekline sliding doors, upgraded seats .....undercarraige lights etc.
I have hardly used it. Have all the warranty paperwork . Willing to sell for $20,000. Beautiful color.
Call if interested 352-753-5212 (landline) My name is Lola lolababy@comcast.net
Old 10-17-2023, 07:45 PM

The newer ev at villages was a star cart with lithium batteries. They day thos batteries last eight years. The old way you would need new batteries every 4 years. That would give you about $1200 over 8 years for 2 new batteries. There pricing was always over$22,000 crazy. Remember how much cheaper there was a EV price over gas.
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, electric, late, cart, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.