Renting a golf car for 3 months

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2023, 04:06 PM
Default Renting a golf car for 3 months

We are coming back to the Villages for our second year renting Jan-Mar. We are renting through Hometown Properties, so no golf car included. We were happy with The Villages Golf Cars, but because of the frequent visitors we had, we decided to upgrade to get a 4 seater. The only 4 seaters they offer are in line and very big and expensive. Also, they are not set up to carry clubs. This coming year we were hoping to get a regular size cart with 2 seats rear facing. We saw some that flipped up and still had golf bag racks. Are there any other vendors in the area that would offer this option. Having it delivered to our unit would also be nice. Thanks
Old 08-02-2023, 06:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Daily Sun classifieds usually have a few vendors. Call around

Golf Carts - The Villages 101
Old 08-04-2023, 04:19 PM

Wholesale Golf Carts will rent a lot cheaper than the Villages Golf Cars. They deliver and pick up. RENTALS | Wholesale Golf Carts
Old 08-05-2023, 04:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

When I was renting I wanted to do something similar and was unable to find liability insurance for a cart rental. The rental company's insurance didn't cover me, and my car/homeowner's wouldn't cover me, and my umbrella didn't cover me..

Have you been able to find coverage for you while operating a rented cart?
Old 08-05-2023, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
When I was renting I wanted to do something similar and was unable to find liability insurance for a cart rental. The rental company's insurance didn't cover me, and my car/homeowner's wouldn't cover me, and my umbrella didn't cover me..

Have you been able to find coverage for you while operating a rented cart?
You won't find any insurance of this type. Think of it like trying to get insurance when you are on vacation and rent a jet ski. No way Jose.
Old 08-05-2023, 08:21 AM

I've never looked into a long term rental but I'd imagine that it would be pretty costly. Might be worth considering the purchase of a clean older cart to use for the 3 months then sell at the end. We purchased a '13 cart the other year. It looked to be clean and well maintained and is still looking good. They pop up here in TOV often enough but I think you'd need to be quick. And then you can get the insurance for it.
Old 08-05-2023, 08:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berferful View Post
We are coming back to the Villages for our second year renting Jan-Mar. We are renting through Hometown Properties, so no golf car included. We were happy with The Villages Golf Cars, but because of the frequent visitors we had, we decided to upgrade to get a 4 seater. The only 4 seaters they offer are in line and very big and expensive. Also, they are not set up to carry clubs. This coming year we were hoping to get a regular size cart with 2 seats rear facing. We saw some that flipped up and still had golf bag racks. Are there any other vendors in the area that would offer this option. Having it delivered to our unit would also be nice. Thanks
Do not know what they charge a day. If cart is near $20 a day might consider buying a cart and selling it after 3 months. These days carts hold their value. Personally I would not ride on a car with rear facing seats.
Old 11-06-2023, 06:46 AM

To be honest, I don't want the liability of someone using my cart and I also don't want someone thrashing a cart which cost me $8k ... not to mention that's a cheap price for likely someone else's money pit. I'm thinking of just giving renters a $400/month credit and letting them get something reliable, backed by a replacement/service department and have nothing to do with me if something happens to the cart or my tenant. Thank you for your responses!
Old 11-06-2023, 07:34 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berferful View Post
Are there any other vendors in the area that would offer this option. Having it delivered to our unit would also be nice. Thanks
Village Buggy Rentals, LLC - We offer gas golf cart rentals available in 2, 4, & 6 passengers.
*Reservations highly recommended.
Old 11-06-2023, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeweyBeach View Post
To be honest, I don't want the liability of someone using my cart and I also don't want someone thrashing a cart which cost me $8k ... not to mention that's a cheap price for likely someone else's money pit. I'm thinking of just giving renters a $400/month credit and letting them get something reliable, backed by a replacement/service department and have nothing to do with me if something happens to the cart or my tenant. Thank you for your responses!
if your , renting at the right price , you shouldn’t have to give anyone a credit. I don’t have a golf cart and have had people ask me if I supply a cart it’s never been a deal breaker , and even if one person says no another will pop up, but my view might change if I was renting other then the 3 winter months
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, renting, offer, year, coming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.