Seat Cover Accessory to prevent sitting against hot seat?

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2023, 08:01 PM
Default Seat Cover Accessory to prevent sitting against hot seat?

By the time I'm 15 minutes into a golf cart ride the back of my shirt is soaked with sweat. Currently draping a towel over the seat back, but prefer a cover that will prevent this.

Also- what do people use to block the heat from coming up between the seats?

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2023, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
By the time I'm 15 minutes into a golf cart ride the back of my shirt is soaked with sweat. Currently draping a towel over the seat back, but prefer a cover that will prevent this.

Also- what do people use to block the heat from coming up between the seats?

Thanks!
I do not have this problem, however I believe i have seen terrycloth or similar seat covers in the accessories section of the online golf cart stores, or possibly Amazon. I would get 2 sets, one to use and one to wash.

As for heat coming up between the seats, I have no idea, unless you have some type of split front seat. If this is the case some golf carts have under seat storage trays which MIGHT block the heat (air flow) from the engine compartment. If this is a newer Yamaha Quietech you might be able to have a fan installed in the rear panel to suck out the hot air. There are small "muffin" fans that are rated for 12 VDC operation, you would need to cut a hole in the black removeable panel and install the fan and suitable wiring, fuse and switch.
Old 07-20-2023, 05:15 AM

We use a beaded (think beads strung together) seat cover that is intended for car seats, but we’re able to apply it to our golf cart seats. We opted just for a section to cover to seat bottom, not back. We got ours at Amazon.

As far as heat rising between the seats, we use a black foam pipe insulation which you can get at Lowe’s or HD. Just cut to fit. You could also use a pool noodle if you like a colored insert better.
Old 07-20-2023, 07:59 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Most Yamahas have foam under the seats.
Closed Thread

Tags
seat, prevent, cover, back, prefer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.