Smell of a Gas Cart

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post

I have always felt that gas carts should have the exhaust come out in front of the cart so the driver can get the same experience we do behind them
I agree. Butt what about people exhaust? Don't you think it should come out the front so they can experience what we behinders have to sometime experience?
Old 10-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Exactly --- owners of gas carts seem to be blissfully unaware that those travelling behind them are inhaling the fumes. In tunnels it can be overwhelming.
I can see that, but gas owners hate to get behind electric carts on a hill because they just don't have the torque and go from 20mph to 15mph trying to make the hill.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
touche
I keep a tow strap in my gas cart for emergencies...have never had to tow a gas cart and have never been turned down when offering a tow to an electric cart. I agree...there are plusses and minuses to both gas and electric. I just feel more comfortable in my gas Yamaha.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
I cannot deny that gas carts go and go.

I do wish to share a couple of opinions.

Getting stranded in an electric cart is just as <cannot find a complimentary word> as it is in a gas cart. If you run out of volts it is like running out of gas. Not too <hmm stuck again>Get a voltmeter for your dash, figure out what it means and you cannot get stuck because you ran out of "gas".

You can partially charge. Although not to be done everyday, it is OK on that occasional big day to load up some voltage without completing the charge. You get home from a day of golf at a remote course and lunch somewhere else. You can plug in the charger while you take a shower/nap and unplug before the charge completes.

We have been driving an Electric Cart for 6 years without any problems. The first cart was a rebuilt Yamaha that we had for 5 1/2 years it was great but would slow down going up hills. We bought a EZGO RVX and love it it doesn't slow down going up hill and runs very smooth. I put a big sign on the wall next to the charger PLUG IT IN PLUG IT IN! Works for us. We have never run out of power.

As a side note we did see a Gas Cart on Colony that had run out of gas while on the way to the gas station. A friendly Villager was helping them.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Default Your first car

Was it a FORD or CHEVROLET. The FORD guys says "FORD=First on Race Day" and the Chevy guys says "FORD= Found On the Road Dead". And it goes on-and-on!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
It's not the owners or riders of the gas carts that get the smell and pollution, it's everyone else. I really wish they would ban them from the Villages.
_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Exactly --- owners of gas carts seem to be blissfully unaware that those travelling behind them are inhaling the fumes. In tunnels it can be overwhelming.

Hey guys, go out and grab yourself a new gas cart and you won't always be the one behind the other carts, and you'll never go back..
Old 10-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Default Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
As two posters have already said, make sure you mix STA-BIL MARINE into your fuel, you can get a bottle in the auto section of Wal-Mart for $10. You will use a very small amount, my first bottle lasted two years. I keep a 5 gallon red plastic gas can in the garage which I also bought at Wal-Mart. Then just put a small amount of Sta-Bil in the can everytime you fill it up with gas. There is a measuring indicator on the bottle. I would also recommend using high test gas. It's a little more money but I found my Yamaha cart runs smoother.

The Villages Florida
Love your cart except for the plates!!! Go BEARS
Old 10-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsanborn View Post
I agree. Butt what about people exhaust? Don't you think it should come out the front so they can experience what we behinders have to sometime experience?
Behinders is that another way of saying *** ****s
Old 10-08-2013, 06:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
As two posters have already said, make sure you mix STA-BIL MARINE into your fuel, you can get a bottle in the auto section of Wal-Mart for $10. You will use a very small amount, my first bottle lasted two years. I keep a 5 gallon red plastic gas can in the garage which I also bought at Wal-Mart. Then just put a small amount of Sta-Bil in the can everytime you fill it up with gas. There is a measuring indicator on the bottle. I would also recommend using high test gas. It's a little more money but I found my Yamaha cart runs smoother.

The Villages Florida
THANK YOU! I learned something here...a newbie gas cart owner... great help.
BRONCOS Rule...
Old 10-08-2013, 09:52 AM

also be careful when you park your real car in the garage I think it uses the same gas
Old 10-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Just be careful when using any additive, friends used what the Yamaha dealer they went to said to use and a couple years later had to have a $300 overhaul on the engine done. The dealer said to use the stuff the technician said not to! Also make sure it is ok to use on the new EFI gas carts, which is what we have it should not be needed. Our 1 year old Yamaha EFI gas cart runs great without anything but then also it doesn't sit it is used a lot almost everyday!
Old 10-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Now that's a truly good and reasonable suggestion, why not ban cars too....

....and gas powered lawn mowers, weed trimmers, blowers, generators............
Old 10-18-2013, 03:57 AM

I use a product called startron made by starbrite which is on marine aisle at your locally walmart. Its great for keeping gas from going bad due to the ethanol and moisture that can accumulate in the tank. Around 9$.. I need to research this flavored smelling fuel treatment.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Now that's a truly good and reasonable suggestion, why not ban cars too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
....and gas powered lawn mowers, weed trimmers, blowers, generators............
We haven't followed any cars or lawn mowers or generators through a tunnel. And that's where the smells are really bad.

There are owners who are passionate about gas carts due to range, and other preferring clean air that buy electric. Both sides can hurl golf balls at each other all day long ... I doubt anyone will have a change of heart.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Sage

MAINTAINING YOUR GAS GOLF CART
ok, I did a 10 second search and will use higher octane from now on...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.