Speed adjustment

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2022, 05:52 PM
Veteran member
Default No Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
I adjusted mine. It only took about 10 minutes. No effect on anything other than my ability to go faster when I want to pass that guy going 16 MPH.

The pundits on here assume that just because you Can go 23 you have too. My car will go 110 MPH but I control the speed with the gas pedal. Rumor has it that you can do the same in a golf cart.
An auto comes out of the factory with the ability to go at high speeds. The motor vehicle laws determine what max speed one is suppose to drive in a motor vehicle depending on what road you are driving.

A golf cart is not a motor vehicle by law. Out of factory, it has a max speed limit and the law states that max speed is less than 20 mph. If the speed is adjusted to go over 20, you broke the law and no longer drive a golf cart by law. Your insurance policy is actually voided because you committed fraud by signing contract stating it was a golf cart.
Old 08-27-2022, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtjp View Post
Any negatives of adjusting the governor on a 2022 gas Yamaha Drive2, increasing the top speed from the factory set19 mph to 22 mph?
Will it effect drivability at lower speeds?
Asking for a friend, lol.
Besides the governor you can change the gear ratio, the clutch tension and tire size. Go fast Hope you have a great time. I’ve seen what happens to the human body in a golf cart wreck. Another house for sale. Leave it alone and enjoy the ride.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frose View Post
Besides the governor you can change the gear ratio, the clutch tension and tire size. Go fast Hope you have a great time. I’ve seen what happens to the human body in a golf cart wreck. Another house for sale. Leave it alone and enjoy the ride.
Most of the wrecks are from turning into the path of oncoming cars, not speed. I can think of two in that last few years that might have been speed. The guy who ran into the sign at Seabreeze was one. The other was at the tunnel by Lake Miona Rec Center, but that was probably due to the guy flying downhill into the tunnel and taking the turn too fast which could happen without adjusting the governor.
Closed Thread

Tags
speed, mph, friend, speeds, lower

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.