Star EV Sirius 2+2 speed

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2023, 07:04 AM
Smile Star EV Sirius 2+2 speed

Hello everyone. I’m new at the Villages and am purchasing a Star EV Sirius 2+2 model.
My question is for those that may already own one.

Is the cart capable of being programmed for top speed of 24mph?
I was down on a lifestyle visit and the EZGO I was given was governed to 20 and everyone was passing us and would constantly require us to pull over and let folks go in hopes of avoiding a backup on the trails.

I know its common for folks with the gas powered cars to have their cars speed governor adjusted so they get better speed but was uncertain if the same can be done to an electric cart like the Star.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.
Old 07-26-2023, 07:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSRusso View Post
Hello everyone. I’m new at the Villages and am purchasing a Star EV Sirius 2+2 model.

I was down on a lifestyle visit and the EZGO I was given was governed to 20 and everyone was passing us and would constantly require us to pull over and let folks go in hopes of avoiding a backup on the trails.

I know its common for folks with the gas powered cars to have their cars speed governor adjusted so they get better speed but was uncertain if the same can be done to an electric cart like the Star.

Any golf cart capable of going over 20 mph is an unregistered motor vehicle, subject to a big expensive fine and a court appearance. Get in an accident, and you won't be covered by insurance. You can do 24mph in a "street legal" cart which needs to have extra safety features, but be prepared to pay high insurance rates. But yes, there are plenty of idiots who alter their governors on gas carts to go faster than 20mph.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:21 AM

Quote:

Yes, it can be adjusted higher.
Old 09-04-2023, 05:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:

You need only re-program your Controller. If you were smart and bought it outside of TV, your Dealer will probably do it for you. I don't know which Controller you have (depends on your Battery Setup), but if you go here: Log into Facebook | Facebook, someone will tell you what Controller you have and how to re-program it.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:32 PM

I don't know what a 2+2 model is. I have the 2022 model I think and it was set to go 23 mph by the Villages Golf Car company. If you have an outside guy repair your cart they can up the speed to probably 30 mph but that would be unadvisable. It's dangerous at 23 mph sometimes. I notice that the Yamaha's gas cars go at least 25 mph. Don't know why they were set higher.
Closed Thread

Tags
speed, star, cars, cart, folks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.